Hi guys, i'd like to share a model of the F-18D ATARS that i built about a year ago. 🙂 It's in 1/48 scale and is actually a conversion into the ATARS version out of the HobyBoss F-18D kit. The Atars pod is from Arma Hobby and the mask set is from DM Models. A perfect match! There is plenty of PE, cables and other scrathbuilt details in it too. The tiger stripes are not decals, but masks indeed, and the painting was done it a couple of layers. Sorry that i didn't posted pics from the build but here is the full-build video. 😉 Cheerz! And first check out some pics...

This is the original plane captured with a nice heavy weathering:

1p.jpg

And the model, downside first:

30.jpg

29.jpg

27.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

... the top side in a jiffy...

Edited by my favs are F`s

Hi Whiskey! If i can recollect, it was a pretty decent kit. The fit was perfect. I dont know why but now i remember the unusual rivet patterin on the top of the wings... they were quite "big" rivets. I needed to add more rivets all around the surfaces. Also the canopy was rather thick and made distortions. I also remember that i had the Kinetic's kit vertical stabilizers available and i used them, cause they were times better than the HobbyBosse's. I liked the build overall.

Edited by my favs are F`s