US navy walking fighter pilots by reedoak

Hi
Last new figures from Reedoak are 2 US Navy fighter pilots from the 70s to 90s era, walking with helmet bags. There will be version with or without sunglasses

18112012204423927216003854.jpg

In different scales like always

cheers
Norbert

Edited by norbert
3 hours ago, norbert said:

Hi Dave, slowly thinking how to do them. What about some flags and squadron patches in decals from your side ?

Norbert,

I can swing that. I'm also heading to MCAS Cherry Point in a few weeks and will work on getting you reference photos for the seated aircrew!

Love these! If you need Navy squadron patches, we've been doing them since day one of Fightertown Decals and have almost every F-14 and a lot of F/A-18A-G patches done... we did nametags, squadron patches, type triangles, US flags, TOPGUN/NSAWC...

Add to seated pilots, we really need HGU-55/68 helmets and MBU-12/20 Oxygen masks. I have both of the real things...

brian. 

11 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Norbert,

I can swing that. I'm also heading to MCAS Cherry Point in a few weeks and will work on getting you reference photos for the seated aircrew!

They will sure be usefull, many thanks Dave

9 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Norbert those are some very nice figures much like the rest of your line.

Seated crew would be great. maybe some with his head turned and the pilot giving the thumbs up sign if they do that.

I think they salute...well, it depends the context. There is a whole hand language between pilots and deck or ground crews, we see that more on movies

7 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Love these! If you need Navy squadron patches, we've been doing them since day one of Fightertown Decals and have almost every F-14 and a lot of F/A-18A-G patches done... we did nametags, squadron patches, type triangles, US flags, TOPGUN/NSAWC...

Add to seated pilots, we really need HGU-55/68 helmets and MBU-12/20 Oxygen masks. I have both of the real things...

brian. 

Great to know with the patches, many thanks Brian. But I did not find them, are they with each plane ? Nothing in 1/32 ?

Norbert

11 minutes ago, okthree said:

Great looking pilots. Looks like one is saying to the other “I feel the need for speed”.  

Any my chance of a version with the pilots wearing helmets?

They will be different when I will work on pilots with helmets...and masks

19 minutes ago, okthree said:

Great looking pilots. Looks like one is saying to the other “I feel the need for speed”.  

Any my chance of a version with the pilots wearing helmets?

On the movie, they have the helmets in hand, opened survival vest, sleeves back...and doing a high five.

3 hours ago, norbert said:

I think they salute...well, it depends the context. There is a whole hand language between pilots and deck or ground crews, we see that more on movies

Yup probably what I meant instead of the thumbs up sign. I know they show their hands to the deck crew during launch but maybe salute would be better. Just thought it might be something more fluid for a pose instead of just sitting in the cockpit. Whatever you do Norbert it would be wonderful.

4 hours ago, norbert said:

Great to know with the patches, many thanks Brian. But I did not find them, are they with each plane ? Nothing in 1/32 ?

Norbert

The patches and helmet markings are on every sheet. And the F-14 Data sheets have a collection of patches. We've done a bunch of 1/32 but they are long sold out. I have all the artwork so it's easy to put together a sheet of patches/helmet markings in any scale. 

Brian

For the figures decals, I'm not able to say if there is realy a market. What I know, I got some inquiries about uniform flags and patches, and also about deck crews vest and helmets markings, then more recently about pilot helmets markings. 

Norbert

Any chance you guys would offer a heads only set? Like various helmet situations and expressions? What I personally am looking for is a head suitable for a Blue Angel pilot. Helmet on, visor down but no mask. Mic could be optional but I can scratch that. 

Nice stuff!

I know you must get bombarded with figure requests...so here's mine (😂)

Some guys/figures  just like these but WITHOUT the G-Suit "pants". Would be great for E-2C/C-2A CODs, helo crewmen (CH-53, CH-46, etc.), P-3, C-130 crewmen.

6 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Nice stuff!

I know you must get bombarded with figure requests...so here's mine (😂)

Some guys/figures  just like these but WITHOUT the G-Suit "pants". Would be great for E-2C/C-2A CODs, helo crewmen (CH-53, CH-46, etc.), P-3, C-130 crewmen.

There are already some US navy helicopter pilots without G-suit, with helmets and airsave vest. In an other hand you will need the seat harness for the E-2, S-3, C-2...crews, projects for later I guess

On 11/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, norbert said:

There are already some US navy helicopter pilots without G-suit, with helmets and airsave vest. In an other hand you will need the seat harness for the E-2, S-3, C-2...crews, projects for later I guess

Norbert:

Your walking jet figures have the seat harness already. All you need to do is get rid of the g-suit. We (S-3 Viking crews) wore the same gear that a Hornet/Tomcat/Prowler crew wore (SV-2 and harness) except the g-suit and our helmets also had a boom mic in addition to the standard O2 mask. 

E-2 and helo crews in addition had the HEEDs bottle on the front of their SV-2 survival vest. 

I have reference pics pics if you need them. 

Im not much for walking figures, but in-flight poses for US Navy/USAF WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War, and more modern pilot figures are very welcome. Some British fast jet pilots (Cold War to modern day) would be terrific as well. 

Nice to see you creating products like this. 

Cheers

Collin