Revell 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet

Hey ARC,

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my latest 3-footer. This started as a subject for the USN Legacy Squadron GB, but I didn't get it done before the deadline. It's been sitting on my Shelf of Doom for longer than I care to admit. While paint and glue dried on a couple of other projects, I picked and pecked at this one until I got it finished. It's definitely not a contest winner, but it looks cool on my shelf.

I saw this picture online and knew immediately that I had to build this jet. The jet's plastic is straight out of the box. The decals are from Two Bobs. The loadout was collected from multiple boxes of Hasegawa ordnance. The bombs in the picture are modern Mk. 83s. Since I couldn't source a batch of those, I used the old Vietnam-era ones I had access to. I didn't change the fins (too much work), but I did modify the fuse a little. The thermal coating is textured spray paint. It's a bit too much for the scale, but I was going for representation not replication. 

MM paints were used exclusively. This was the first time I tried the black-basing method. I like the effect, especially for modern USN schemes, and I may try it again. The kit was weathered with Flory washes and pastels.

0ivYTRQ.jpg

zQZKmjN.jpg

azzlyUI.jpg

QEi1uMy.jpg

z45htir.jpg

K6aVHYs.jpg

QF6cm6S.jpg

Do8dg67.jpg

Jw42UWy.jpg

UcMsN1P.jpg

t5o22mJ.jpg

5qNj5o8.jpg

K4jeWlK.jpg

Feel free to share your thoughts. Questions, comments, and criticisms are welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

-O