Found: Attack Squadron 1:72 C-130J Sponsons Reissued by Brengun

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Which kit are you using these for Dutch? The later J model or the old vanilla E/F/H?

The reason I ask it that this set does not include the forward aircon inlet that goes over the kit's NACA style inlet that all later C130Hs and Js have.

Ray, I intend to use it on an Italeri C-130E/H kit which I am building as a KC-130H of the Spanish Air Force. I  know about the stbd side aircon inlet as included in the Ron's Resin set, but I am more concerned about getting the sponson extension length correct first. Are you talking about the red circle or yellow circle intake?  R/ Dutch

003.JPG

Edited by Dutch
Add photo reference

Ray,  This is what the kit plastic looks like.  Are these the NACA scoops to which you were referring in your previous post?  NACA inlets in corresponding red & yellow circles.

011.JPG

Edited by Dutch
correct spelling

I agree that the Ron's Resin set is more complete, as it also includes the round dome antenna as well and also agree that the Attack Squadron extensions are more finely molded.  I believe that the Ron's Resin set had you shave off the stbd sponson and glue in a ~5mm plug, which still left you with a NACA style inlet on the side and not a proper scoop inlet on the front of the sponson.  Hence my request for the Attack Squadron set.  I can scratch the AC heat exchanger immediately behind the cockpit and the upper fuselage round radome easily enough.  In fact, I think the round dome is already included int he Italeri kit.  I also need a set of Atk Sqn IFR pods, but that was a separate post.

Edited by Dutch

The Ron's Resin set supplies a new forward section on the starboard side with the intake added and a 'shim' on the port side to push the kit supplied forward sponson part forward.

It looks similar to this one (this is not a Ron's Resin part)

25161666897_52023664e3_b.jpg

Can you figure what mine will end up as? 😃

46937659685_28fcdb28d4_b.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Brother Ray, Yes you are right about the Ron's Resin set.  I had forgotten which side was which.  In that case, I could use a Ron's Resin set as substitute for the Attack Squadron set.  As to which model Herk, my guess is KC-130F/H/R/T or possibly J, or even HC-130H/P/N depending on whether you put the ARN-101 dome on the top. Let's see some more of this beauty. R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Ray,  Yes, a Ron's Resin set for the Italeri kit would work.  Thank you.  Still waiting on the Caracal decal set before I ship your care package.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Dutch, the Attack Squadron stuff has been acquired by "Brengun" and they are just now starting to re-release items under their brand. I saw the C-130 flap sets and engines back on eBay, I'm sure the sponsons will follow soon.

Edited by 82Whitey51

Great to hear that Brengun are picking up the EXCELLENT Attack Squadron line!  I have a few of their sets and was wishing their line of items would have continued, especially their weapons, etc.

Waiting to get more of their items!

WARDOG

If you check the Brengun website you will see what Attack Squadron stuff is available. Not everything they releases has been reissued by Brengun at this stage.

C-130 wise, only the E/H and J model engines, the flap set and wheel set have been reissued.

I see where Brengun has released 5 of the 7 Attack Squadron sets thus far.  

Attack Squadron 1:72 C-130 Detail and Conversion sets

1:72 C-130J Engine Nacelles for Italeri (Attack Squadron 72036) 

1:72 KC-130 J Refueling Pod (Attack Squadron 72040)
1:72 C-130J sponsons (Attack Squadron 72064)

1:72 KC-130J Harvest Hawk update - Italeri - (Attack Squadron 72065)

1:72 C-130 E/H Engine nacelles + propellers set - Italeri - (Attack Squadron 72088)
1:72 C-130 flaps (Attack Squadron 72089)
1:72 Hercules C-130 wheel set (with disc brakes) (Attack Squadron 72103)

Brengun 1:72 C-130 Detail & Conversion Sets

1:72 C-130 flaps - Italeri - (Brengun BRL72146)
1:72 C-130 wheel set (with disc brakes) - Italeri - (Brengun BRL72147)
1:72 C-130 E/H engine set (Brengun BRL72154)
1:72 C-130J Engine set (Brengun BRL72170)
1:72 KC-130J Harvest Hawk (Brengun BRL72172)

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 month later...

Good news, brothers Andy, Ray and Glynn! 

Brengun just released the C-130J wheel sponson set as BRL72186. It does not include the forward fuselage AC cooling duct, but it think I can scratch that. Now all I am waiting for is the IFR pods to be reissued. 

K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch