F-10F Wild Weasel loadout 1968

I'm doing the 1:48 Monogram kit in markings of "Crown Seven," 44th TFS, Korat, 1968. I'm considering two options for loadout: 1. Shrike and ALQ-87 outboard, droptanks inboard, and CBUs centerline; 2. Shrikes outboard, Standard and droptank inboard, droptank centerline. I'm leaning toward option 1, but am wondering if it's appropriate for an F in 1968.

Thanks!

Pip

The F-105F could carry the AGM-78 by mid 67 6 were assigned to Takhli. the standard load in 67 was 2 AGM-45's outboard and 2 CBU-24/b inboard and a c/l tank but could be changed around. with a MER and wing tanks. In 67 7AF ordered all F-105's going north to carry an ecm pod including F's.G's started reaching combat units in April 68 but the one's with the side pods didn't arrive till 71. I think Cooter in the photo may be an early G without the pods but can't see tail number to check. Got the info out of Warbird Tech #18 by Davis and Menard. Hope this helps

Just saw the tail number.Going by Roll Call Thud the aircraft is listed as a G and was also called BAM BAM, Cooter and Baby Bears Lair and was originally called the Hanoi Hustler. Its now in the AF Museum 

Bernie

Edited by bernie mckenna
4 hours ago, bernie mckenna said:

The F-105F could carry the AGM-78 by mid 67 6 were assigned to Takhli. the standard load in 67 was 2 AGM-45's outboard and 2 CBU-24/b inboard and a c/l tank but could be changed around. with a MER and wing tanks. In 67 7AF ordered all F-105's going north to carry an ecm pod including F's.G's started reaching combat units in April 68 but the one's with the side pods didn't arrive till 71. I think Cooter in the photo may be an early G without the pods but can't see tail number to check. Got the info out of Warbird Tech #18 by Davis and Menard. Hope this helps

Just saw the tail number.Going by Roll Call Thud the aircraft is listed as a G and was also called BAM BAM, Cooter and Baby Bears Lair and was originally called the Hanoi Hustler. Its now in the AF Museum 

Bernie

Thanks for the response, Bernie. So I could maybe do Shrike and ecm pod outboard, STARM and CBU-24 inboard, and c/l tank? Might not be totally accurate for a specific mission, but would be representative of the stuff the weasels carried.

14 hours ago, bernie mckenna said:

it is your model so you can load it that way. But they probably would have gone wit the AGM-45 on one outboard and ECM on the other. AGM-78 on one inboard and a tank on the other as gas was a premium thing.

Bernie

Thanks, yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking of doing. In terms of what the kit offers, it's easier to put the CBU on the centerline and a tank on one of the inboard pylons, or to dispense with the CBUs  and have a second tank on the c/l. Do you happen to know if the weasels were still carrying bombs by 68?

On 11/27/2018 at 6:54 AM, bernie mckenna said:

Have seen photos of them still carrying bombs even later than 68.All the way up to the end I think.

Bernie

I really appreciate your help. Did the -F weasels always carry two drop tanks? If so, and assuming they had an ECM pod on one of the outboard pylons, that would mean they'd either have a bomb load or a STARM, but not both. Or was it possible to have a single tank on one inboard pylon with STARM on the other and CBUs centerline?

Edited by seawinder

Sorry for the late reply. I have seen them with 2 AGM-45's outboard, CBU's inboard and C/L tank. Also with rockets or bombs on the inboard. Also they have a dual rail AGM launcher didn't use much vibrations. I also saw them with 2 AGM-78's, 2 AGM 45's and a C/L tank ,but in photos. Saw one picture of it taking/off or landing but it was also for PR purposes.Another with 2 AGM-78's inboard, and 2 dual AGM-45 on each outboard but that was a photo shot and supposedly they made leaflets and dropped them around the SAM sites. How true??

I think if they had one wing tank they always had the c/l tank and the78/45 combo on the opposite wiing

Bernie

Thanks again. I'm going to go with Shrike/STARM on one side, ECM/tank on the other, and c/l tank. I've got to get this thing done for a Friday club meeting and don't really have time to deal with all the CBUs.