1/1 scale F-16 ICP - scratch build

This may be slightly off topic but it's still a part of the jet made using scale modeling techniques. It has been milled from acrylic block using cheap chinese CNC router. Painted with Mr. Hobby, Mr. Paint and Tamiya lacquers. Buttons are laser cut from several layers of acrylic plates and glued. All labels are CNC engraved. Thumbwheels are 3D printed with potentiometers buried inside. Everything done in-house (including milling) except laser cutting, 3D printing and the PCB that I designed but let the professional company to manufacture. The ICP is 99% functional except two of four thumbwheels which have no off switches. The panel has a backlight system based on LEDs but I am not proud of it and not showing here (there are some light leaks that I hate).

It is going to serve as a part of my desktop F-16 simulator.

I hope you like it.

Dan

168438171.s6YUm59e.IMG_6944.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 1:17 PM, Dafixer said:

Please tell me more about that router. I've been doing some research on DIY routers and the small ones on ebay and it's pretty overwhelming how many options there are out there. Yours is obviously working well for you.

I bought something like that. Nothing special. Good for engraving and some simple milling. With a little bit of patience I was able to cut the acrylic panel. 

https://goo.gl/images/Ebz6S4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...