F-15C loadout in 2001

Building the Academy 1:48 F-15C MSIP II kit. It comes with 4 AIM-9X, 2 AIM-9L/M, 2 AIM-120B, 4 AIM-120C, and 3 600 gallon external fuel tanks. What’s a good load out option or options with what comes in the kit for 2001 time frame? Do C models usually use AIM-120Cs?

Saw a YouTube video of Kadena (ZZ) Eagles loaded with 4 AIM-9Xs and 4 AIM-120Cs. This was a 2014 video,and I know 81-0040 is still in Kadena, so I’ll build that one unless anyone can provide further information regarding this tail number. 

When did MSIP II happen and what timeframe is  81-0040 depicted by Academy? Guess I have more questions than answers. 

In 2001 you could still have a mix of two AIM-7Ms and four AIM-120Bs or AIM-120Cs.  The AIM-9M load would be one or two missiles.

For options that would give you 4 x AIM-120B/C, 2 x AIM-7M, and 2 x AIM-9M.  Another option would be 6 x AIM-120B/C and 2 x AIM-9M.  A third option is 7 x AIM-120B/C and 1 x AIM-9M.

bLKoXAB.jpg

OSgrRta.jpg

3 hours ago, jester292 said:

When did MSIP II happen and what timeframe is  81-0040 depicted by Academy? Guess I have more questions than answers. 

The first MSIP jets off the production line were FY-84 airframes.  Pre-MSIP jets were upgraded in the late 80s/early 90s.

Regards,

Murph