After finishing a really hard model its time for a quickie. A Kiowa. Its the Jet Ranger kit but I plan to modify the windows to back date it. I never had any experience with the Jet Ranger, but I did once have a fun Kiowa story. Back in the day we were doing causality drills, loading and off loading injured. The Twin Hueys that we were supposed to use were not available so a couple Kiowas had to do. I remember guiding down this helo when I saw our brand new doctor rush up  to the doors before I gave the all clear. Naturally as the safety guy its my job to keep his head from being lopped off. So I tackled him. After the blades had slowed (right over my head) I had this tiny "instant" Captain yelling that he wanted me arrested for assault. A full Colonel and his entourage came up, ignored the Captain, shock me hand and said. "Good job Master Corporal".

I responded "Corporal Sir". He repeated "Master Corporal"

Sounds like a good deal but I was due to be promoted that month anyway!

I have no idea what airframe number it was, but I do remember it had full colour markings. So its getting the late 70s early 80s paint.

JLZ3fzF.jpg

Hey phantom,

That is a fun story, but it must have been pretty intense when it happened.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I really like this era of Revell Boxes. Probably for the nostalgia value, I remember seeing those boxes as a kid at Toys R Us

On 12/1/2018 at 10:53 AM, airmechaja said:

:rofl:You have football Besides the greatest game of Hockey. Go Wild! Had to put the plug in for Minnesota.

Happen to be watching my Leafs vs. Your Wild right now.

Leafs won!......Wild played pretty good mind ya.

Edited by phantom
  • 2 months later...