Hasegawa 1/48 McDonnell Douglas RF-4B Phantom II

Here is my third Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom that I've built concurrently: a USMC RF-4B from 1979 in the kit provided markings for VMPF-3. The only additions are True Details resin seats and a nose pitot made from Albion Alloys brass tubing. The paint is all Mr Color finished with Tamiya Semi-Gloss. A full build article and more pictures can be found at: https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-mcdonnell-douglas-rf-4b-phantom-ii/

Apologies for those of you with browsers that convert the images into egg-planes 😯

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Jon

rf4b_02.jpg

rf4b_39.jpg

rf4b_16.jpg

rf4b_37.jpg

rf4b_33.jpg

rf4b_09.jpg

rf4b_15.jpg

rf4b_43.jpg

rf4b_17.jpg

rf4b_59.jpg

rf4b_55.jpg

rf4b_62.jpg

Jon,

I find the model to be a bit too pristine for my taste but otherwise It's an excellent build. From construction to paint and decals, a solid 10 overall. The bare metal areas are nicely done and you succeeded in making sure the MLG is not crooked as is often the case with most Hasegawa F-4 builds I've seen.

-Elmo

56 minutes ago, wardog said:

Jon,

I find the model to be a bit too pristine for my taste but otherwise It's an excellent build. From construction to paint and decals, a solid 10 overall. The bare metal areas are nicely done and you succeeded in making sure the MLG is not crooked as is often the case with most Hasegawa F-4 builds I've seen.

-Elmo

Thanks for the feedback. I can understand it is quite clean. I only had one photo of this airframe in this scheme and it's not great for showing any weathering: 

http://www.f-4.nl/usm46.html

usm46.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 F-4 MLG tend to be crooked because they made the retraction strut slightly too short, and it pulls the wheels inward. It only took me building nine of these kits to begin to figure that out!

Jon