Economy International Shipping in the US possible?

Hi,

I'm intending to send a small sized parcel - it's the Cold War Studio Fitter belly correction set - I sold on eBay to a modeller in Uruguay, and the buyer is asking for this shipping rate I don't think it's possible in the US. 

I dwell in California; could someone please enlighten me regarding this, 'cause I'm really lost about it.

Cheers,

Onigiri

EBay should give you a list of shipping options, if you plug in the weight (1lb or less) and the dimensions of the box.

If you just want to see what it would cost for a shipping quote, and you can weigh and measure the packed parcel, just go to usps.com and go to

1. Mail and Ship->Calculate a Price, 

2. Enter the value and choose Uruguay from the destination country,

3. Choose Calculate price based on Shape and Size,

4. Enter the weight and choose Package,

5. There should be a choice of shipping options on the next page. I plugged in one pound and the the cheapest option  is...

"First-Class Package International Service™**

Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
Value of contents can not exceed $400.00"

$23.50

6. If you don't have a scale, you can guesstimate it. Sounds like it would be a pound or less and be in a very small box, so charge him $25 for shipping, take it to the PO to mail it and refund the excess after you know the shipping cost. 

7. The beauty of doing it online is that you can fill out the customs form as part of the label. HS Tariff Code is 9503.20 for Reduced Size Scale Models. Otherwise, you'll hold up the line while you and the clerk try to figure out the customs' tag. 

Good luck. If you plan on shipping lots of stuff in the future, recommend getting a cheap digital scale. 
Edited by sierrascale
added info for clarity.

Sierra is correct in that First Class Package International Service is the least expensive rate for international shipping. Not that it's cheap, but it is the least expensive. However, you need to check with the USPS in regards to tracking (which is required for seller protection on Ebay/PayPal) to your specific destination because it is frequently not available to certain countries. Not a good idea to ship an item sold from Ebay without tracking because the seller is at risk for covering the loss. Currently, Uruguay is not listed as available for tracking on the USPS website.