CD48149 - F-15E Lakenheath Strike Eagles

CD48149 will be a 1/48 scale sheet covering Lakenheath-based F-15E Strike Eagles. It will also include markings for colorful, temporary nose art applied on several of the 494th FS jets during their latest deployment that ended in October. 

I am well aware that the nose-art jets are a popular subject and are being worked on by other companies. My Lakenheath F-15E sheet is somewhat different in scope and has been in development for the last few months. 

Edited by KursadA
2 hours ago, Trigger said:

You were working on these before the photos hit the internet last month?

The photos had been available since early October on various  Internet venues that I follow every day to be aware of new subject material; and one does not need to wait for these photos to have started a generic Lakenheath F-15E sheet. 

Edited by KursadA

Well my Monogram F-15E has been on my shelf of doom for a few years now so this is great news to revive that kit. It is half built so I can continue the build before the decals come out.

I was going to do a MO Strike Eagle in Tiger Meet markings but I think this would be a better option. I have a couple of the Promodeler kits so I can do the Tiger Meet scheme with one of those.

Gents,

Unfortunately they didn't waste anytime in taking them off. I think guys who had a base visit a few days later saw them being taken off.  I just got back from a morning photo trip to Lakenheath and shot some of the 494th jets involved and can clearly see on at least one jet where the markings have been removed.

Gary

5 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Fantastic!  Please include “Bullseye” so I can make my daughter happy with a kid themed F-15E in her room 😂💁🏼‍♂️

"Bullseye" is one of the seven nose-art options on the sheet.

Deadpool is there but "Chief" is not - sorry. With limited time to draw the art and limited space available on the sheet, I had to draw the line somewhere and choose seven of the better documented examples. Let us hold off on discussing what is on the sheet (which is now being printed), and wait until it becomes available in the next batch - I am sure you will like what will be included on this sheet.

This sheet went to the printers last week - it will be part of the next batch of decals.

Appropriate (as currently applied to Lakenheath based aircraft) F-15E stencilling will be available as a separate Caracal Models Basics sheet, so you will be able to buy additional stencilling sheets to build more than one option.

Edited by KursadA
36 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

That was FAST!   First to market no doubt!  I stand ready and waiting to order sir 👍🏻

It was somewhat fast only because I already had a Lakenheath F-15E sheet in development and had drawn a lot of the unit artwork.  A lot of care and attention went into the design of the nose art and the markings unique to the Panthers' deployment jets. A few of the nose art aircraft proved to be very tricky but I believe I got the details right. There are also a couple nice extras that most of you will enjoy. I am sure you will like this one. 

I am going to post a few profiles next week, after I finish shipping the few remaining preorders for the last batch of releases. 

The seven nose-art Panthers jets featured on the sheet are:

- F-15E 91-0311 "Lady Liberty"

- F-15E 91-0324 "White Walrus"

- F-15E 91-0326 "Ravage"

- F-15E 91-0329 "Deadpool"

- F-15E 91-0335 "Megalodon"

- F-15E 00-3004 "Bullseye"

- F-15E 00-3003 "Gears of War"

I already had announced a 1/72 scale F-15E sheet a few months back - I will modify that design to incorporate a few of the aircraft featured on this sheet.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...

Just 7 (seven) more days until I receive these decals - I will start shipping them next week, and will enable preorders sometime this week.

Many of these options will end up in the 1/72 scale F-15E sheet that I had been working on.