CD48149 - F-15E Lakenheath Strike Eagles

The reference page for this sheet is up - you will find photographs here that highlight the accuracy of some of the details on this sheet as well as a few that show the intake covers.

You will find the relevant explanation on the back of instruction sheet.

http://caracalmodels.com/references/cd48149/

Edited by KursadA

Thanks for your mind-blowing interest in this sheet! One of the best sellers this month.

A note to those of you who would like to build "Bullseye" (00-3004) : while I was certain that the aircraft names were carried on both sides of the fuselage, I was not sure about the slant of  "Bullseye" on the starboard side because of lack of photographic evidence. So I provided two versions of this marking: one with a slant to the left, and one to the right.

A new photo has now surfaced that clearly shows the remnants of the name "Bullseye" on the starboard side of the airframe. It turns out that I was right and the slant of the name is exactly as shown on the main sheet - so you will not need to use the optional one provided on the serial number insert.

Here is the photograph.  You can choose the maximum-resolution version and look carefully at the name tag. Also note the Warner-Robins paint barn marking, as depicted on the Caracal sheet. 

I will update the reference page tonight and add the new photo. 

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, airmechaja said:

Not as much as I would have liked because I couldn't find the OIF update kit. I did use the Eduard Sniper pod and some Hasegawa GBU 31's.

The Wolfpack update sets for the F-15 looks nice on the box but they have some dimensional issues,; for example, the LAU pylons are innacurrate (short in length). And I know what I am talking about because I have both the F-15C MISP and the F-15E OIF sets. Your best bet (and the one I finally took) is to get the Academy F-15E Seymour Johnson  for cheap at EvilBay, these kits have the correct parts specific for both the F-15C & F-15E post-DS and TONS of weapons. You wont be disappointed.

Edited by nachjager