Su-34 ECM pods - anything out there for the KH kit?

The topic title says it all. Kittyhawk forgot to include the ECM pods on their Su-34, even though they seem to be omnipresent in all the photos and videos I've seen so far of them operating in Syria.

Have the aftermarket guys come out with pods for this kit already

I’m looking for the same pods for my SU-34.  The only ones  I’ve found available in 1/48 so far are for the SU-27 or -35.  They’re different than what the -34 uses.   

In a previous thread on the SU-34 Zactoman suggested he might make some but I haven’t seen an update about that.  

Edited by bikerider

As far as I know, nobody has released an accurate set of ECM pods for the Su-34 yet. Chris, AKA Zactoman, was working on a set and according to his last post in the thread below, back in October, he had poured a test mold and was getting near to ordering the PE for them. Chris, if you're watching, any update? We want to throw our money at you. ☺️

2 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

Use scalemates.com and search ECM pod.  I see a few Russian ones:

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=ECM+pod

Which ones were carried on the Su-34?

Neither. So far there are no correct Khibiny pods for Su-34 in 1/48. Cannot comment about 1/72, not my scale.

Edited by Helmsman
11 hours ago, Mstor said:

Chris, if you're watching, any update? 

Patterns are finished and production casting has started. Instructions are almost finished. Cut vinyl stiffeners for Hobby Boss kit should be ready soon.
Unfortunately the project got stalled due to the photo-etch.

🤚  If anybody can recommend a photo-etch producer, please e-mail or PM me. Zactoman@Zactomodels.com  🤚

Khibiny_7_zpspo20ion2.jpg

Posted previously on the big Su-34 thread:

Khibiny_5_zps8grwh6kh.jpg

Khibiny_6_zpswua3iftn.jpg

:cheers:

10 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Patterns are finished and production casting has started. Instructions are almost finished. Cut vinyl stiffeners for Hobby Boss kit should be ready soon.
Unfortunately the project got stalled due to the photo-etch.

🤚  If anybody can recommend a photo-etch producer, please e-mail or PM me. Zactoman@Zactomodels.com  🤚

Khibiny_7_zpspo20ion2.jpg

Posted previously on the big Su-34 thread:

Those sure look nice. What part(s) is the PE being used for? Is it the strakes? Whatever it is, I sure hope you find someone. Like I said, there's money we want to throw at you :thumbsup:

It is drop in for KH kit and little wing surgery for HB: mounting tabs need to be removed, wingtip should be sanded to fit ibetween mounting ribs and slot should be cut as in KH wing. Also HB wing will need stiffeners Chris mentioned. 

42 minutes ago, Pep said:

It seems that the newer releases of the KH su-34 include the pods as well as some resin figures. Can anyone comment?

One of the early boxings included the pods and figures. Some say it was the boxing for Chinese distribution. I got mine through Hobbyeasy and it has the pods and figures. Other people didn't get them. Who knows? And as Helmsman just posted, they're not the right ones anyway. I'll be getting Zactoman's when they are released.

Edited by Mstor
On 11/28/2018 at 9:51 PM, Zactoman said:

Thank you to those that PMed me suggestions.

Photo-etch is now being made and should be ready in a couple weeks.

Hopefully I can release these right around Christmas. :santa:

On 11/29/2018 at 8:46 AM, Mstor said:

What part(s) is the PE being used for? Is it the strakes?

These things:

Fence.jpg

I'm still not sure what they are, "air fences" of some kind. Anti-flutter "devices" I think. They are located on the upper inboard area (dark rectangle in my instruction pic).

They began appearing in mid 2015 and seem to be on all Khibiny by mid 2016.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:35 PM, Pep said:

It seems that the newer releases of the KH su-34 include the pods as well as some resin figures. Can anyone comment?

I had to special order them. They were included with some of the initial orders from China back in August. The pods are not accurate. They are however what I used on my build. Zacto's will be much better, I'll grab them as soon as he makes them available.

2 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Thank you to those that PMed me suggestions.

Photo-etch is now being made and should be ready in a couple weeks.

Hopefully I can release these right around Christmas. :santa:

Chris, how will they "mount" to the wingtip? Are you including pins like your 1/32 Flanker issues or will they fit the wing tips as is?