History of US Navy ID markings article in FSM

I was excited to learn that the article I wrote many moons ago on Navy markings is getting published in FSM starting this month. It will be a four part series covering from the early 20's to the present time. There is also a build article that goes with each part. Hopefully this will be a handy quick-reference guide for those interested in NavAir. I wanted to thank all of you who helped with this over the years. I appreciated it greatly. 

23 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

I’m looking forward to the next in the series

Just make sure to not make too much fun of me when you catch all the mistakes I made. 😊 What did you think of the first installment? Did it effectively communicate the information? The next part is the one I'm worried about. WW II is many people's favorites, and they probably know a lot more than I do. I ran it by Dana Bell and got the thumbs up, so that makes me feel a little more confident.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

Just make sure to not make too much fun of me when you catch all the mistakes I made. 😊 What did you think of the first installment? Did it effectively communicate the information? The next part is the one I'm worried about. WW II is many people's favorites, and they probably know a lot more than I do. I ran it by Dana Bell and got the thumbs up, so that makes me feel a little more confident.

At a glance, it looks like an excellent summary reference. I particularly appreciate the paint guide. It seems unlikely that you can do WW II justice in that few pages but if Dana Bell has vetted it then what’s there will be gospel. I’ll only be a little disappointed if you fail to mention the “Norfolk” scheme. In any event, I’m most familiar with post-WWII though post-Korean War from a subject-matter standpoint; again, it will be hard to cover in a few pages. I certainly wouldn’t want to volunteer for it.

8 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

At a glance, it looks like an excellent summary reference. I particularly appreciate the paint guide. It seems unlikely that you can do WW II justice in that few pages but if Dana Bell has vetted it then what’s there will be gospel. I’ll only be a little disappointed if you fail to mention the “Norfolk” scheme. In any event, I’m most familiar with post-WWII though post-Korean War from a subject-matter standpoint; again, it will be hard to cover in a few pages. I certainly wouldn’t want to volunteer for it.

Prepare to be a little disappointed. 😊 I didn't even know about the Norfolk scheme when I wrote that article. I believe it's been over a decade since I sent it in. That's why I'm worried about it. I can't remember what I wrote!