1/48th Revell-Monogram A-6E TRAM Intruder

I also added some REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT streamers to the Intruders seats and added the canopy jettison streamer to the cockpit.

Thanks for having a look.

Steve

Pilot's seat.

edited-image_zps0llms62l.png

B/N's seat.

edited-image_zpsa4r5qydr.png

edited-image_zps57ygvdxg.png

More progress today, I got the gear doors and inner pylons glued in place. I'm really happy with how see's looking and, she should look pretty sharp when finished.

Thanks for checking in.

Steve

edited-image_zpsh8cjwjgs.png

edited-image_zpsj26tcjhz.png

edited-image_zpsmgpejx4d.png

Greetings all,

Pretty much finished up with the ground power units for the display base. Next is to get the base cut and work on creating the flight line. Thanks for following along.

Steve

edited-image_zpss0k243iu.png

edited-image_zpsavm7dvru.png

edited-image_zpssvcl0jpb.png

edited-image_zpszfyigd5w.png

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone,

Minor update for today. I managed to get some time to work on the A-6 over the weekend.

The more I looked at the wingtip "slime lights", the more I didn't like them, they were too plain. I ordered some black striping decals from fundekals (www.fundekals.com) and added the individual stripes to the lights, much better IMO. These decals worked splendid and I highly recommend them. I also purchased the yellow striping sheet as well for the decal stash.

edited-image_zpswrxrof2j.png

I also got the boarding ladder doors painted and added the hinges to them as well. The hinges are still loose and need to be painted once I determine their exact spot.

I still need to address a few things before the steps can be permanently fixed in place otherwise they will just be in the way.

edited-image_zpsa2xzpjve.png

I also need to redo the centerline fuel tank because I applied the decals too high up. When the tank is installed, you really can't see the wording. That's all for now, thanks to all who are still following along.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

Well after 20 years I'm happy to announce that my A-6E is completed !! I want to wait until the base is all finished up then I'll post pics in the Display Case. Thanks to all who followed along and your encouragement along the way.

Steve

5 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

20 years ago, wow , this build does go back a long way.  Intruders were just freshly retired then and F-14s were still flying : )  Congrats on completing it!  Can't wait for the Display case pics!

She sat on the shelf for 18 1/2 years half started. Life, deployments, redoing an entire house, kids, etc. and here we are. Where did the time go ??!!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone,

I've been making progress, slowly, on the base. Here's where I'm at so far, the ramp is a piece of matte board purchased from the craft store. I drew the expansion joints with a very fine gel pen and added some weathering to the concrete to break things up a bit. The taxi line was painted this morning and the next thing will be to mask off and spray the grounding points/tie down areas once the taxi line is dry.

Thanks to all who are still following along.

Steve

edited-image_zps6kpa9bom.jpg

Small update for today, the flight line paintwork is finished. I'll give it a coat of sealer when it's dry and then glue it to my piece of MDF. Then I can install all the extra pieces and get this display wrapped up. Thanks to all who are staying interested in my work.

Steve

edited-image_zpssjxdyqk1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I posted pics yesterday, in the Display Case, and now the entire post has disappeared ?!?! Can anyone explain why the post would go missing ?? This site has been acting very strangely lately.

Steve

On 10/31/2019 at 10:52 AM, crackerjazz said:

There's a thread called timewarp in the general section mentioning about some database corruption and a 28oct image having had to be installed.  Hey, congrats on completing your build!   Very nice work!  And base!

Thanks. Now let's see if I can post in the Display Case.

Steve

I just tried posting the final pics in The Display Case. When I hit the submit button I got an Internal Server issue ?? yet again. This was even after I tried Mstors advice. I really wish someone could straighten this mess out once and for all.

Steve

10 hours ago, 11bee said:

Steve, just saw this thread.  Fantastic work, you should be proud of this build.  

John

Thanks very much. I only wish I were able to post my final shots in The Display Case. 😔

Steve