UH-1C HUEY 1/35 Academy

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

reposition the sight grip control on the other side of the overhead panel so  it fits in pilots hand.

Thank you Oliver, I'll try to make it fit. 

On 4/21/2019 at 12:08 AM, L-GREECO said:

Привет, земляк :)))

Привет! 🙂 В мобильной версии сайта не увидел адрес: Krasnodar!

On 4/21/2019 at 12:08 AM, L-GREECO said:

Using a dry brush, these micro folds can be made very realistic.

I was able to dry-brushing 20 years ago, but now - after the long hiatus - I can’t reproduce this skills...

I missed some posts in this thread when I offline for a few days, and it’s something special here. 👍

15 hours ago, L-GREECO said:

Thinking about buying it (crew and gunners), but it costs 40$ here in Russia. Is it better than mine paper maded pilot?

The Dragon has «U.S. Helicopter Crew, Vietnam» kit. I think it must be a bit cheaper.

21 hours ago, L-GREECO said:

A small sized dio with no figures. Or maybe only pilot siting on the cargo floor and drinking a can of Coke after a hard ride.

What do you think abot it?

The model with such a level of details will be attractive as is, so you can decide about the making diorama later.

Keep up the good work! Cheers! 😉

4 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Привет! 🙂 В мобильной версии сайта не увидел адрес: Krasnodar!

I was able to dry-brushing 20 years ago, but now - after the long hiatus - I can’t reproduce this skills...

I missed some posts in this thread when I offline for a few days, and it’s something special here. 👍

The Dragon has «U.S. Helicopter Crew, Vietnam» kit. I think it must be a bit cheaper.

The model with such a level of details will be attractive as is, so you can decide about the making diorama later.

Keep up the good work! Cheers! 😉

Hi! Where do you live? I was serching for Dragon figures, so ordered 4 figures from Bravo 6. Expensive but hope it worth it. Also ordered alot of other stuff for $250. So now i have to finish my work on this helo in near months. Do you have any models in progress or finished?

6 hours ago, L-GREECO said:

Where do you live?

Moscow.

I was serching for Dragon figures, so ordered 4 figures from Bravo 6.

Not all the Dragon kits available, so it’s some alternatives exists:

1/35 Resin US Helicopter Crew Door Gunners 4 Set Unassembled Unpainted BL690.

Also ordered alot of other stuff for $250.

Yes, some projects can be expensive...

Do you have any models in progress or finished?

Sure thing!

Finished: Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-101 A/C «Voodoo»Revell 1:48 Bell UH-1 «Huey Hog».

Ongoing: Zvezda 1/72 Mi-24V/VP Hind ETrumpeter 1:48 Scale RA-5C Vigilante.

First part of my orders recieved. Starting to make rotor gears. So many mistakes in Academy kit, damn it... Sawed almost every part of the gear. Figured 2 different types of rotor on first (B and C) hueys. A half of the rotor parts maded of the first type, another half maded of the second type. On the photo you can see some differences. 

kQAlV8bEiXqme7JOcWqTj8-ph5zU9_WQRF-PKmp38odS5_YzaYz7gYJyDony5GgILcnk7TN6M1EYjx1Tvd9jttDN0H2Jd7UnBE3jFUM9m_lpkjpFinGd4ijDOAxTVQWM31UgJmveHqfogJDTzgH5Cl8VNoC_08Shspd0oLx8Bc7h9gCy-a92UeI38nUh-hXWlrLprMYW1VVAtsJ3utmAEaQwMi2A0LGfaSqcnl1FAVPR6RM0oVvbI57FnNiX79V0ATDGn3OuSbUDedZrKx98KiiBixvhWS-VBH6T1rtPqNoqbxVE10xG-kqdeuT36RSgARGUdQcf9w_pYnA2AQcWnxGU8hUhv3VG9hTFkouyTDnJJ-ocmJ3njrNP-DHz4Uqjdp-RtYZ20iHXif9oVHFPHioZHg7FrwtM_MH0YfFmq9ZcTG5G0kNaNvJFLxw_blmS0_4b04jLW-oopK_eq3i9wp5gqTrJxT6tyEv7hdKE97OePIP2HCPJagCAUtKdvxAyue78qObX0i-ZKisKjgYFnkjSsbt3YwniosIclZ9MK7icZK-56cglpKyTx90aAS1EhGSN7GQ4WuA7rcUBei42ktodX7m80LEGVTsfNByDi3j9MxBFDS48DaTxW8cXQ3zMeiuBNiwBEEjN8G3RZNRwe7ndVXW4f18=w429-h307-noRSZuLG_s6uOIlBDflfuQCB2RZiUXFpy3QOoxeZK_Mxc_yxV4p6uBUFEpvUhaaGZzpFaVrWY_muHkiZa2NmEwrUmvMR2C14Pb9q-gtNJ0-QFhtRcL5Zh7jFb9ni3itb2HpnFahVqhu3tvQuY8IJJ3fFTH592UmFKsQ--IQCXBll5XY-Oya2lm1FXL-LoXG9MXDYaUlcf0PiXDOkB3t1DSNzzIHjWlzwLtsKuXWAQoHR8zSmuBMOEXJA5MOuMr3nbGOgeovY0GLFsIqiqbNP93D4VqkXmlMpV9qlObVfUGRdUOzBx7PN-p6lym51SqGok3a-vinPLlppcXpOUnucmSKNNoZ78gtLLos_cKomarSrpam0NGRjgPD1_ETNPFGnQS_aB0JHLg6KALMnxeBrEc9dxwkuF0pKMjL7NbYfbmiOqu7fRGmhoy28udr2H78ps8KJh4mAShcJs1o7XXUsMxwDUCyxqwHdh_f7eR8vK5GPTWFNAIxlokPjQCZ6BhAoqmaxQgmb4RFCSO7tedsWZ62YwCq9pAx2Wg7mDUwRo258lqaIbikChQQWcRbIfpKprMFpE_1gnNUjrVn0hd92apQxm80sPsASmDtVjdBn_deG-_ShITFddCqzydxb-9KN5ekvlDEvxAdppCKrf72FgcomF8rDdvoPA=w1200-h675-no

Edited by L-GREECO
2 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Well done! And very interesting research, as well.

Thank you! But i've made a vary small picture for explanation and didn't save a bigger sized copy of the file 🤦‍♂️

And thank you for advicing to buy figures on ebay. Find them in China, but delivery costs 150% of figures price. Today i'm going to make an order.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:45 AM, L-GREECO said:

But i've made a vary small picture for explanation and didn't save a bigger sized copy of the file 🤦‍♂️

It’s enough to see the difference.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:45 AM, L-GREECO said:

Find them in China, but delivery costs 150% of figures price. Today i'm going to make an order.

Anyway, a lot of great offerings available there.

4 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

It’s enough to see the difference.

Anyway, a lot of great offerings available there.

HI, 

I have canceled my order for bravo6 figures. I figured, that's not original figures, it's Chinese copies. Even original, I guess, will not fit my custom seats. So I don't know what to do now. Maybe I'll try to finish my custom figures. 

I tried to make clothes and equipment from self drying polymeric clay, but it too soft to make small details. Wanted to buy clay that needs 150 Celsius degrees to dry, but plastic figures will melt in the oven at that temperature. 

On 5/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, L-GREECO said:

I tried to make clothes and equipment from self drying polymeric clay, but it too soft to make small details. Wanted to buy clay that needs 150 Celsius degrees to dry, but plastic figures will melt in the oven at that temperature. 

Just cast your figures after you sculpt them and use non-sulfuric clay or better yet resin. Most polymer clays have sulfur and will also melt plastic on kits. I made that mistake building B pillars and the overhead console.

Any new updates?

6 hours ago, snake36bravo said:

Just cast your figures after you sculpt them and use non-sulfuric clay or better yet resin. Most polymer clays have sulfur and will also melt plastic on kits. I made that mistake building B pillars and the overhead console.

Any new updates?

Thanks! That's the point, i can't sculpt figures with clay. Self-drying clay too soft to sculpt small parts. And hard clay (for small part) requires hign temperature baking in owen. A friend of mine ordered figures for me from China, so i still waiting. I made some minor update: cargo doors guides, main rotor gear (but will remake it, i don't like), now working on engine outer filter cover (with riffled mesh). Hope i can show all the updates soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Help needed!

I'm on the final stage of main rotor assembly. And i have stuck with this 2 unknown sticks and discs (green arrows).  I guess it kinda gyroscopic mechanism. They have springs which forses them to take position (down) like on the photo. But i guess while rotor is in the move (takeoff) this sticks should tilt ouside because of centrifugal force.

So, the question is: while blades rotating (at flying helo), at which position this two sticks should be? 1, 2, 3 (blue marks)? 

kqrZFNo2m0CFqXf5BwzH55FzM5PVEX2HbiNtBJvb

Edited by L-GREECO

Those are called Dynamic Stops

In Short 4th not shown in your image fully engaged in flight.

3rd position as you have them is closer to lower rotor RPM as indicated by the image of the crew member clearing the FOD intake filter and the 3rd position in the take off image.

Final image you cant even see them as they are bucked up against the underside of the 540 rotor head. Note the pitch of the blades in the last two images is the same but the rotor RPM is likely still coming up on the image of them nose low and moving towards ETL Effective Translational Lift.

rotor+-+LGREECO.jpg

rotors+2+-+LGREECO.jpg

Rotors+3+-+LGREECO.jpg

Edited by snake36bravo
1 hour ago, snake36bravo said:

Those are called Dynamic Stops

In Short 4th not shown in your image fully engaged in flight.

3rd position as you have them is closer to lower rotor RPM as indicated by the image of the crew member clearing the FOD intake filter and the 3rd position in the take off image.

Final image you cant even see them as they are bucked up against the underside of the 540 rotor head. Note the pitch of the blades in the last two images is the same but the rotor RPM is likely still coming up on the image of them nose low and moving towards ETL Effective Translational Lift.

rotor+-+LGREECO.jpg

rotors+2+-+LGREECO.jpg

Rotors+3+-+LGREECO.jpg

Thank you my friend, many thanks! You helped me so many times. Sorry, I don't know your name. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ALEXANDRE REZENDE said:

L-GREECO,
Congratulations on your work on this UH-1.
Your set is reminding me of what I did a few years ago.
If you want to take a look, the link is this:

You can get some ideas from my work.
Good assembly!

Hi Alex!

Thanks!

I saw your works, and all i can say: you are crazy man in a good meaning :))))

Hey guys!

I recieved figures.

I spent more than 10 hours to find them on the website taobao. Everything in Chinese. And if you want to find something, then you need to type in search not "Resin figures 1/35", but something like "Resi mini war soldie vietnam 1/35", half cutted words, it's a craziness.
I should learn Chinesse. 

Remind, it's a copies, because i can't find any original options.
No any photoetched parts, no any instructions, no any decals, even no any carton boxes. But it was not principal for me, because i have photoetched ammo belts, i have helmets parts from Eduard PE set.
I can't evaluate quality in comparison with originals, i never seen them.

So i will share my opinion by 10 points grade.

I don't have macro lense for my Nikon, so i've made photos on the phone.

For natural size you can zoom this page to 50%.

"CTRL"+"-" or "CTRL" + "mouse wheel down."

Here is the photos.
1. Door gunners.

QNDdhlI4h_D_ZlBxTF0zOWYG2JJq_mR3kVgFTMwh

fCA32WtIptcKMx2kpIWwlq1kZOHNmZY9atNybWvt

Realy realy good quality and detailing, i did not expect it!

10/10 stars!

2. Pilots.

-hwmsG1qeZe1AQjR5khoYQlJ-fkacvb5PhxBB1Tf

LH6FSSnKQe9G2_4iA76MqRujOpniWTG7GELuSKiY

B74QhYgraWVf4w_nEAptOuvRxWawD3tf6-Q_HvIeHKqfIkFYLHUFmXxnIz30CluinZo41px01uM6KixHyW_2OabGma1Jy8CXV0Os3_YDzowjvIn6GodlVKql0Jb-P_idyrlB43wpcGybMaYhFU7XFURQcQmMifRmWANdAJSyzlJPGy1wX_sIy67bX4wdms8MKtG716Dz6Q5K75lanQdWcXS1nB3Q6ED_xbOeG1BhOlxuNkbEj1lFSdPHNLfjvrdPU1Oird8tfCJWyU7xLtev_TfA6fbI2bWMffGfxrrltTRIVarFQEqEU6xfIAOuwNbzCfjkjasNhiDpSnPXSmTCN4im9hjAo2X70m_h3nDt_FTuldg_FjTkWkrWzqqt3v0tNpEtJ2PfhpOoHn5sVGEdupjKUvworB7Icd8nUjAmThxWmKY2iB50_rgshHbJb5gVUYXtAx-gm1_A4-7OQ3Myt9pEjRtOsdJp-H2ta3UHDSRQWehcifwUDHkvNLNQPLFBx3kwK5ybDRUk6tjGZ4nAw02uy72L_KqydByoreuquF2KgshqyhBDB1ea3PP3JV6KBIq_D8RWM92XRd99wyluALjn1oQd65zX2164TLof3uJeT7UNzqlOBe2j5UQGGJ1luI6F8RMgO0MOhHCqssQnW255QHivxkc=w1680-h1024-no

2o1kNKY7YH6G1GFI5NlRm6gT2ApOt75LQrGnI2sf

As a previous ones, just perfect! All the additional stuff (pistol, knife) is olso exelent.

10/10 stars.

3. Trooper.

2A7o9Mz8ASVrY9gO_sAxfAdVct9TmZlwhDH4-9lK

t5CUMElEkC1QHzLNbU43WC_TbyhtKcdDP1LN6NJ3KlhXhtQ4QEGbzlcbpvTTGwd6O0mOr-_0rqFY9T_xeI3mAy4r6NQibjERAF8ciNBUFXbJ09gLJqHf4xbKeoW97NDE5_mNJM4QQu9tLMiWFSQespmQJWjz14DG0IcOWulvA6HVnBfuIDohLrrCpclmwTil9oZTcxcVaVaTZT3eUfgKs4kFwJ5l-E-p0c-Ahg1MClfDxrltIQGxOgGfeZ_YmwPJvlPJ2XaASv1V1V-aWBzYbrVpxZ8Hj8vVxzjD0yDicUuOLw-_yLC-dYfaa3s7suKMjPvGyaJJ9j1hSP3khmirk_K3AYOaEjKbdzfw33SqEfXL10FwvYv9YS-mOZvbszEiVELycamyOuSp2xj7v9Ett2DCWRWbORpl_2lkyewxP1UndLuKuD3xBU-IUQMlK0EYl_NHmzfFyejvl6QFCB9M3eSFPyAmIpPg5qgA-HO4VjEkRh2PPS-zYBZ4eGi4pZSRFVJ4XRMf7Z0OLMBEiAxZ7MulH5bYAiAl11u3g_9WoPQ6_tO4PyLNBl1bQ6Y1bJjRH2ZVVeuBN8VL5o2jaNS-LYD6TGEIAhI6pANWpP-Yz0idux-yLokgtSkW_TS3cjGj6yath0-WtjdOJgV-UBn5CJj328r0cvc=w1680-h1024-no

Not so nice quality, as previous two. 6/10 stars.

Body is quite good, but this ugly face, damn it... Like he had face nibbled by some jungle monkey. 2/10 stars.

And pretty shitty stuff. Rifle is ugly. Knife is like it was taken from first world war ground, all rusted through. -198015 / 10 stars.

Thanks god i have weapon set from Dragon, with rifles and grenades, so average rating 6/10 stars.

4. Fallen comrade and his not fallen comrade.

pu381wXfgAn4QAl9dllN1wD9gcWZi922cMsOiD0u

9JiasfbMkZLZ6CuTbRWK9tgyVdMIh7ZeYTOLHQk6

6nnXc-NLsoSpP6UGOQ9ZsgPJXBFlSlDOy2_VSqXt

Quite good set. There is some little unperfections, but i hope i can fix it.

8/10 stars.

5. Spare heads.

i24pG76PucYyoMH2HqexaOpHyKSeSgHzd9ZJFon2

15 heads set. Some good, some acceptable, some pice of s***.

it's nice that there is 15 heads so i can choose.

7/10 stars. 

But now, i'll tell you the price of all that stuff.

15$. For that money you can buy a half of original Bravo6 figure if you'll find it.

So, according to price i have to say, that i'm more than satisfied. And average rating is 9/10.

And here is a link to the shop where i bought it. Use chrome browser's translator to understand what is what.

http://shop110559070.m.taobao.com/

I fitted pilots and door gunners to my helo's seats, and they fit perfect!
I was affraid they will be too tall.

So, now i'm waiting for a big parcel with new paints and other stuff by Ammo Mig from Spain. 10 days more...
I should move forever to Spain, so i can buy paints  this very day...

Hope this information will help someone. 

Edited by L-GREECO
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Just received my new stuff from AMMO MIG.

Now I'm happy and ready to go further. 

F-RZ1uO4M-wclok9LmZsLwdPXTrX7hW8yqXiHjzh

Oliver, thank you for your advice to get all MIG'S encyclopedias! They are awesome! 

Edited by L-GREECO