UH-1C HUEY 1/35 Academy

1 hour ago, L-GREECO said:

Hi guys, 

Just received my new stuff from AMMO MIG.

Now I'm happy and ready to go further. 

F-RZ1uO4M-wclok9LmZsLwdPXTrX7hW8yqXiHjzh

Oliver, thank you for your advice to get all MIG'S encyclopedias! They are awesome! 

Glad u got them. I used them all the time to try new tips. Cant wait to see the progress and your Huey.

12 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

What was the final price tag on all the MIG stuff? did u get a discount?

I've made 2 orders, for 450 euro = 512 usd. And they didn't give me any discount on this orders. But they gived me members club card with second order when I reached 450 euros total, think I can get some discount next time. Today I have tried paints with brush, and I'm very satisfied. I used only tamiya before, so can compare only with it. Easy to apply, good coverage, no smell, so don't like tamiya anymore 😊

Edited by L-GREECO

Hey comrades! 

Some updates. 

Instrument panel repainted, highlights added to stiffening ribs, it was flat black. Hope now it looks better. 

Finished radio bay, electronics, wires, and front window's ventilation pipes. Figures - right hands glued, seat belts cutted off. Now I see their knees hits the instrument panel, so need to pull seats back a little bit. So I cutted off seat's guides, need to scratchbuild them again. 

13I5mNf-AoQhP9VFC72XSxo1bTD5DyxmwWb57ssg

lg2Pn0uCJbRm2FTl3zB_7z1fC7OuB2YFz_wbikmq

4rdyTNKBekaT3NHGaN82MCPxxUM4Xu7wrhwiAWKZ

And now I'm trying to figure out how to make pilot's left hands fit and hold elevation stick. This is a real mind-breaking task. 

Edited by L-GREECO

Looking great!  A suggestion on getting the figures to fit the cockpit - May want to consider shaving off some material from either the seat cushions or the figure's backs and posteriors so they appear to be settled into the seats vrs resting on top of them.   Also, from all I've read, many (most?) pilots didn't fly with the rear armor chicken plates, since they were already sitting in armored seats.   Just added more weight and heat.   If you remove those back plates, you'll have a bit more room to work with. 

Edited by 11bee
1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Looking great!  A suggestion on getting the figures to fit the cockpit - May want to consider shaving off some material from either the seat cushions or the figure's backs and posteriors so they appear to be settled into the seats vrs resting on top of them.   Also, from all I've read, many (most?) pilots didn't fly with the rear armor chicken plates, since they were already sitting in armored seats.   Just added more weight and heat.   If you remove those back plates, you'll have a bit more room to work with. 

Thanks for advice my friend, but the problem is in another place, not in chicken plates. This is a fully scratch builded seats, and they was maded for figures from the kit. But now I have bravo6 pilots, and their butts does not fit the seats. Of course I can cut off some space of their butts, but I think It will look not good. However I will try to follow your advice, maybe I can make a nice sculpting to make them fit. 

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry but I really don't get this at all. Its ok to drop almost 500 usd on paint and books but then you buy cheap chinese knock-off figures and head sets? And then to rate them as if the quality will ever be as good as the originals. You get what you pay for buddy and buying this cheap fake shoot does nobody any good.

What if Vladimir from Bravo6 or Roger from Hornet decided to quit producing figures because they kept getting pirated? How does that help our hobby? Original Bravo6 figures are easily available, in your own country too. I'm pretty sure if you dropped Vladimir an email he would have helped if you couldn't find them.

Buy originals and stop putting money in the pockets of the Chinese fakers.

11 hours ago, andy evans said:

I'm sorry but I really don't get this at all. Its ok to drop almost 500 usd on paint and books but then you buy cheap chinese knock-off figures and head sets? And then to rate them as if the quality will ever be as good as the originals. You get what you pay for buddy and buying this cheap fake shoot does nobody any good.

What if Vladimir from Bravo6 or Roger from Hornet decided to quit producing figures because they kept getting pirated? How does that help our hobby? Original Bravo6 figures are easily available, in your own country too. I'm pretty sure if you dropped Vladimir an email he would have helped if you couldn't find them.

Buy originals and stop putting money in the pockets of the Chinese fakers.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, Andy.  Moreover, I completely agree with you on almost everything.  I always pay for what I use.  And the point here is not that I want to help Chinese fakers.  But in the fact that in no store in Russia I did not find the figures I needed.  Not in one.  Moreover, on the same Amazon there was not a single seller with delivery to Russia.  Do not blame me for buying a Chinese fake.  The point here is not in saving money, but in the hopelessness of my situation at that time.  And it's not that I want to advertise Chinese fakes.  I just shared my experience.  And people themselves must decide what to do, buy the original, or buy a fake when the original is not available.  It is a pity that you had not previously advised me to write to Vladimir and did not give me his email.  But just today I finished painting the figures.

2 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

I don't care where you got your figures. Your work is impeccable. Some people need to lighten up.

The level of workmanship was never in doubt, this is a great model.

My point was that by buying Chinese fakes you are hurting small businesses within the hobby which leads to the eventual end of them, much to everyone's loss. Hornet (who owns the IP for these heads) stopped producing figures purely because they were being copied so blatantly.

However, if you think intellectual property theft is ok, thanks for showing me the moral level. 

It's not up to you or me or anyone where he gets his parts. His choice. I don't agree with plagiarism either but it's not really my concern what he does, his conscience must lead him. I am here to appreciate a good model not tell someone how to run their life.

I appreciate Andy's comments.  Prior to that, I had no idea that this behavior was even going on.    A valid point, especially in current times where we are (finally) starting to hold certain countries accountable for such actions. 

Hey guys!

Here is finished (almost) crew figures. 

These are my first figures, I have never painted them before. I repainted them more than 10 times.

And I never saw good painted figures live. Therefore, I have nothing to compare the result of my work with. The photos are very sharp, my Samsung processes them like that, making too many grains. Well, please, make the scale of the pictures on the monitor so that it approximately coincides with the size of the figures in real life.

Please, tell me honestly how well they are painted? Maybe i need to remake something?

Mext step - seat belts. 

xpCLi3w_0Zvu5gpUEaaVPzXKt3NvJIRNOswv_kkb

iFdOghvV8gcW4JKx_w9TWU8XrLKcljxSwKirzoLT

gF67YE6OVKNXzwwKx_PiLkANCtRt5uEWYes1f3OS

t82qAeGaRbHAmUVyVQ52k0K3ZITBo9NygRvsWBjuwsZnkyIWAICHvEQ4DF8iHEw9x7PChbvijz0mhIbRKLowsDKa-VpKTTeicDOd2MSDiJaorHCoPDxGDX2OA33GwHrvDa1Xl_UVVPKYPPNcMwlDPTyNRmBlCHOSG_mzb2-cpatfIG3eYv5Ta5puzNu_G-OmehbO4nMc8d817UpvcJ3VSL88gR7GgiQ4aDl3iJj30PaBeBCAbrCISH47eyKFou53c3ATYSSlCR6FehOy0yRtWRq1BH6r0dYSaPFM0w611jEItNo-JwiKbdULZACUC93eOqY6IdWky4h_Ol6DMbTTJ9YNOlgjjgmY_82tmdbz4XgSY82pDSkHoNNSKI4hjXdGNi6JnVQwK4jzQyx2TMilKdq-dhPDDkAvOA0TcJaIsBGPS2_ykizpkEQ94yyQxBFNcKXPzHr1_ORpUGjBajzQFK0cS7TUBXTXH53NiX7SCJa035FghUzHwREwm95w9M3jdt86w9ctR2Wytwa6uvVtVeX9YFQHYYmxhCAnQxZZtIEmbXynWQyo_RvPH7ZtOO1uADX3Mg0bw5qdTp4jqnaKhsdbj4s5PvDEapljlxm8xXeNhk4mwy8hUZgUDIsICwae1-oVpnQGjsKoxgrlepjTP01aj8WsldM=w1600-h800-no

BZauH1_EUMuGY_cEprp407DxsFF0C5sd00STStxv

It-o1MBmJcOmWa5crWjOdWKaLefz9T6KoG2RvXTf

OJv6ypNm6XzJaRbvPvRMuRUctU5SiA6bvjGhzntN

Q14ykUiciKJfD3iMvpzHsPGemkjZE2tVLkImXcd6asrg0fdOxeDCCr1GlWdZiwpV1NNMLm42vN5EUONQ7GANxN2O_lhGae0g94VgPg1U9NG9MuHHNHdIkg0YGTzTuWV9UQud6tCx54dmKBoBokQ_BSh2y5hKUuyGNndN7x9zDoP7PF-S5XXFlsyiWePXfMS07mBoFgnlIE7-qXPXO7s9akffDTLYMBhgMtK22tzUVOKGFO494C4-TcAImrK2MvQPTuFPneX3in5-7V1vBKuEeGExMLSKxz_uRjQI7sDIAGgQjY-GcqdmHhE-J4-UCSXbVbVkXi1kLJ-5DSmvuHl9NFDWh5Q1lhvfdkkpFejtWnMCTLjtXgfZGAe7ZCtLwASxyRCl_3Q9lSFVpPniePLNig2jKa4662XrbcIg19E1bIWNJggNPeCgowYGyX8_yrx-swlyiUepIPq5Fy6QcPKcg8n9HgPhEYFyhOCx40sPatm1vlO0htDzCzKc8lSnTQFHznqEj3xO7v6-T_xQVWSeLr5oJmSpTSKGFmxMIqpSL-JglsB8hBC2-c4vXlWBIakzhEWKYtb_jrvLqGPHhlbuXsKqxnjcoopIWY1wNTpCKMfTjA4Ij1F1x69tr7JZSw26ROJVSBENGrMpCZhEpbm0OOxuuBgcFxc=w1600-h800-no

Edited by L-GREECO

Hi Oliver! Thanks!

I already addded mikes. Cords i'll add later. Seatbelts i've made with Eduard PE set (buckles) and with clothes labels (belts itself).

Here is some update.

Hz5eqAcKgx1GiUMCk3bCSo_buG8TzqPWGOm-5fX7

JpA4vY_g3mpQM_-8XY75cxN5M2PkqBnVKEmt9gN8

fZu7GzUfbmGapBOqaDXc0enZwpaF3ukVrX8Nn_y2

hs0ICo0D_uT17D5H_fN30kGAIiG7GgIzNwjEIoHM

rtBj9cwmqqEwzrlRlyE_dnZspKah2G2ungjdfIP8

9UdHb541gI0m8c90utIVtX3lLqE_LfqO7Wr0-haR

Edited by L-GREECO
29 minutes ago, midnightprowler said:

Looks good although the pilot's left arm doesn't touch the collective.

I know that. But it was almost imposible to do. I have custom seats builded for custom figures. Then i bought Bravo6 figures. It was real challenge to make new figures fit that seats. Then i should make figures fit seatbelt's connectors on the floor. I could make the collective longer, but the angle of the pilot’s hand did not match the angle of the collective. Too many variables in one equation. As a result, their hands did not reach the collective. So I had to sacrifice something. And decided to make it look like they were just holding their hands on their knees. And i don't know now how can i be so F***up, so right pilot's hand does not touch the knee. Now i think, that i could make his hand with forefinger sticking forward, as he want to touch the panel (I did a similar operation with a finger of crew chief, he will hold M16 in right hand.). But... It's too late now, i already glued them :(((((((( But maybe he reaches for the panel, but has not yet had time to stretch his finger forward? :)))))) I hope it looks not too stupid... 

Those figures (and the entire interior) look amazing!  Nice work.  Small note (and I'm not sure it will even be visible) - the inside of those nomex flight gloves was a light grey leather material.  

Nomex Flight Gloves - Green

Edited by 11bee
On 9/2/2019 at 4:31 PM, 11bee said:

Those figures (and the entire interior) look amazing!  Nice work.  Small note (and I'm not sure it will even be visible) - the inside of those nomex flight gloves was a light grey leather material.  

Nomex Flight Gloves - Green

Thanks for advice! I'll try to paint it as you said.