Su-27 Kitty Hawk 1:48

1 minute ago, psimon said:

Thanks for all the pics!  This looks like a great fitting kit.  I ordered the Su-27UB from Sophia and it looks like I won't be disappointed.

Can I get Sophias contact? Need Su-34 too...

9 minutes ago, psimon said:

Thanks for all the pics!  This looks like a great fitting kit.  I ordered the Su-27UB from Sophia and it looks like I won't be disappointed.

Can you make a review of the canopy when the kit finally arrive? When I ask about distortions "reviewers" (or rather inbox makers) go silent.

2 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

Can you make a review of the canopy when the kit finally arrive? When I ask about distortions "reviewers" (or rather inbox makers) go silent.

I will see what I can do.

7 hours ago, Tapchan said:

So, there is a fix for misplaced IRST if you want to build something else than Su-27SM.

50121898938_6c63a20c2c_h.jpg

You just need Su-27UB kit in your hands too and voi'la! As simple as that.

Just like their sh!tty design, a sh!tty solution. If I'm not mistaken by the sprues, you need the MK to have both windshields, you'd use the extra center irst windshield on your Su-27 and the right mounted IRST windshield with your MK. You couldn't use the UB since you'd still need the center mounted IRST windshield for you UB, duh! I can't fathom the oversight of placing the center mounted IRST windshield only on the twin-seater canopy sprue...

Edited by Inquisitor
2 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

Just like their sh!tty design, a sh!tty solution. If I'm not mistaken by the sprues, you need the MK to have both windshields, you'd use the center irst windshield with your Su-27 and the right mounted IRST windshield with your MK. You couldn't use the UB since you'd still need the center mounted IRST windshield for you UB, duh!

If you don't like Kitty Hawk's "sh!tty" products, why are you here on this topic?  Thanks to members posting images we can all see for ourselves some of the issues we may need to deal with if we choose to buy these kits. We are looking for positive solutions to some of the issues not some one whining about why they hate the company.

To be honest a solution of buying another kit is a crappy solution. I was expecting a little bit more from kitty hawk myself. All I see is significant price rise and problems bigger than with their Su-35 kit. No matter how much positive I try to be the kit is so far disappointing.

I was expecting an alternative to GWH which trade some of detail for price, but it seem it trades detail and lot of fitting for just a little price drop.

Edited by Tapchan
1 hour ago, psimon said:

If you don't like Kitty Hawk's "sh!tty" products, why are you here on this topic?  Thanks to members posting images we can all see for ourselves some of the issues we may need to deal with if we choose to buy these kits. We are looking for positive solutions to some of the issues not some one whining about why they hate the company.

THINK, WHAT TO DO!

35 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

THINK, WHAT TO DO!

I think for some people these new kits are a show stopper.  They don't want to deal with some of the negative aspects of the kits.  Others see the potential and have the skills to work with and overcome the issues.  It's a matter of how much time they want to invest in fixing problems over just buying another MFG's kit.  For me these new toolings look great and although they have issues, I am willing to work with that (I like a challenge) and see where it goes.  

I have been negative in the past (people like to vent) but moving forward I find these forums are more productive and helpful if people don't go out of their way to belittle something in order to 'be right'.  Positive critiquing is cool.  Saying this is wrong and that is wrong is OK but calling a company "Sh!tty" becasue you don't like their products should be frowned upon by the moderators.  

True, however KH is going backward. They already did it with Su-35, you are fully right to expect no less - especially fir higher price. I too think that modellers became sissy these days calling unbuildable kits with just slightest issues, however fixing clear part is not a minor issue.

I am a fan of KH but not a fanatic. 

7 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

True, however KH is going backward. They already did it with Su-35, you are fully right to expect no less - especially fir higher price. I too think that modellers became sissy these days calling unbuildable kits with just slightest issues, however fixing clear part is not a minor issue.

I am a fan of KH but not a fanatic. 

I agree that this is disappointing.  Not a show stopper for me but still disappointing.  I have the GWH 35-S Flanker E and bought the KH 27UB to try something different.  Will see how it goes.

sorry but why we have to deal with those errors which happen everytime they put on sale kits ! and they are not cheap ! why we should do surgery ? we are not going to use resin aftermarket !!! look at the mirage it's a mess! really ! ok a rivet more or less personally wont change much for me ! but decals ! wrong cockpit ! mirage 2000D ! is not the case then don't buy it ! but why they dont put a bit more effort to reduce those stupid errors?

Edited by legend1
1 hour ago, legend1 said:

sorry but why we have to deal with those errors which happen everytime they put on sale kits ! and they are not cheap ! why we should do surgery ? we are not going to use resin aftermarket !!! look at the mirage it's a mess! really ! ok a rivet more or less personally wont change much for me ! but decals ! wrong cockpit ! mirage 2000D ! is not the case then don't buy it ! but why they dont put a bit more effort to reduce those stupid errors?

YOU don't have to deal with it.  No one is making you buy these kits.  

4 hours ago, psimon said:

YOU don't have to deal with it.  No one is making you buy these kits.  

And that's why people are posting their opinion. Or reposting some photos and pointing out the comments on the chinese sites about these mistakes as I did previously on the thread so people are informed of the issues with the kit. SO they can make their judgement if the kit is worth their time and/or money. Sure, go buy your KH kit blindly expecting it to have no issues and turns out you can't build the vanilla Su-27 option because they didn't include the correct clear part which isn't an easy fix, unless you consider buying another kit an easy fix.. Sure, stay silent and don't point out their damn stupid mistakes for other people to know? Is that what you want everyone else to do?

One way for them to change is people voting with their wallets, but that again involves people being informed of such mistakes, not staying silent and not criticizing them for their pretty lengthy history of stupid goofs. OTOH I'd hope if KH get enough people requesting the damned clear part because they didn't include it, they'll realize they #$@#d up another kit and at least try to fix it by including it from now on.

Edited by Inquisitor
7 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

And that's why people are posting their opinion. Or reposting some photos and pointing out the comments on the chinese sites about these mistakes as I did previously on the thread so people are informed of the issues with the kit. SO they can make their judgement if the kit is worth their time and/or money. Sure, go buy your KH kit blindly expecting it to have no issues and turns out you can't build the vanilla Su-27 option because they didn't include the correct clear part which isn't an easy fix, unless you consider buying another kit an easy fix.. Sure, stay silent and don't point out their damn stupid mistakes for other people to know? Is that what you want everyone else to do?

One way for them to change is people voting with their wallets, but that again involves people being informed of such mistakes, not staying silent and not criticizing them for their pretty lengthy history of stupid goofs. OTOH I'd hope if KH get enough people requesting the damned clear part because they didn't include it, they'll realize they #$@#d up another kit and at least try to fix it by including it from now on.

You obviously did not read anything I posted here.  I thanked those that posted images and pointed out the errors so the rest of us can make an informed purchase decision.  NEVER did I assert we should buy any model kit blindly.  Where I take issue is when people come onto these forums and act like whiny little b!tches instead of mature model building adults.  You want a solution to the windshield problem?  Instead of crying like a baby, contact sophialynm@gmail.com and ask her to send you the windshield part from the other kit or you will return it.  There, Problem Solved and no one had to sh!t their diaper over it!

17 minutes ago, psimon said:

You obviously did not read anything I posted here.  I thanked those that posted images and pointed out the errors so the rest of us can make an informed purchase decision.  NEVER did I assert we should buy any model kit blindly.  Where I take issue is when people come onto these forums and act like whiny little b!tches instead of mature model building adults.  You want a solution to the windshield problem?  Instead of crying like a baby, contact sophialynm@gmail.com and ask her to send you the windshield part from the other kit or you will return it.  There, Problem Solved and no one had to sh!t their diaper over it!

I bet one still has to pay for the shipping from China himself. Anyway, Inquisitor is right, stinky job it is. Why am I here?  I want to see if KH has made some improvement, nope, same old...

I think KH is damaging itself with this type of errors that could have been avoided if they had paid attention to some details that make a big difference for the buyer.

I kind of waiting for the GWH Su-27 "Flanker B", but can you do a Su-27SM out of the box with the Kitty Hawk kit or you need something else.?

Thanks

Juan

Edited by solher1