1/72 C-54 / RCAF North Star

16 hours ago, phantom said:

Could not wait on these two....it IS a Revell group build after all. There are 15 pennies and fishing weights stuffed into the forward bottoms. Seems heavy enough now. Rick, your plane is getting the good horizontal stabs. Hopefully I can find the missing one so I can finish mine. Otherwise.......have to create one.

If you can't find it contact Revell and ask for another.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

I have reason to believe the red on the wings for the older version are bigger then on the later version. But I have yet to find real proof.

According to RCAF Aircraft Finish and Markings 1947 - 1968.RCAF + 3 ERA 168 from wingtip.  New Leaf Era  133 from wingtip. Hope that helps you out.

I have since found the stab, its on and in place. Also found the red area of our two planes is the same. The difference is your roundel is more inboard and away from the red then mine.

Edited by phantom

Have that book. I found the answer. They both have the same amount of red. Yours has the roundel inboard of the red. Mine has the 1" silver surround so the roundel is split silver one side red the other.

We had one C-54 ish plane with radial engines. It was the PM/Queens/high priced help VIP airframe. Called it a C-5 Airframe 10000. Apart from the engines, square windows and VIP interior I guess it was a North Star.