• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, Zactoman said:

Hmmm. This might get interesting... Old school vs. state of the art technology.

I had to delay everything after I glued together the CATM version and discovered that I had misaligned the rear fin lock brackets on two opposing fins (just a few thousands, but in opposite directions) causing the fins to twist. Of course I discovered this after I had production molds and lots of parts cast. Pattern fixed, new molds poured and I’m caught up on re-casting the parts.
One of the drawbacks of old school modeling...

So here is the A/B put together. Mine is the CATM version (this was before I fixed the twisted rear fins, though it only showed from certain angles).
Lengths and diameters of the bodies are the same as previously noted on the C (note that I edited the previous post to correct the Academy diameter).

AMRAAM_5_zpsztc7wfak.jpg

Rear fin span should be .766"
Academy is +.016"
CE is -.074"
Z is -.016"

Front span should be .641"
Academy is -.006"
CE is -.017"
Z is -.001

AMRAAM_6_zps537twgh7.jpg

On 3/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, Mstor said:

Re: Eduard release: They look nice in the CAD pics. Too bad they don't have pics of the actual product.

I'm still curious to see photos of the actual resin and the details not shown on the CADs such as the conduit.

Can anybody point me to online pics or post some if you can?

On 4/29/2019 at 12:04 AM, EagleAviation said:

That is wonderful news Chris! I was expecting that you would release that a long time ago. Any estimate on the date that they will be available? 

I'm working on the web page today so hopefully tomorrow (have to cut the lawn and do some other chores first!).

:cheers:

EDIT: I keep forgetting to include this:

🛑🛑🛑 Thanks so much to Jim Rotramel for helping me with references!!! :beer4:

Edited by Zactoman