hasegawa Growler kit oop?

I have been trying to get my mitts on a  1/48 Hasegawa F-18GGrowler kit, but noone has any in stock. have they been discontinued? am I out of luck?

Edited by dylan

It’s the same for the Hasegawa FA-18F in 1/48, ebay only and they are a small fortune, even the Revell kit is silly money.

A re-run is well over due of both the Growler and the Super Hornet.

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

Old Hasegawa kits never die, they are consistently re-re-re-re-re-released with new decals.  If you can't find one now be patient, they will release it again (and again).

And the white box ones too. It's not like they churn everything in their catalogue 24/7. Some products go out of stock don't resume production for a period but eventually they come back. I build 1/72 and their Su-33 and Su-35 appeared as discontinued on japanese stores not too long ago, for around a year but then they came back.

1 minute ago, Mstor said:

I can't tell, do they ship to the US? 

Don't know, but I think to the US it would cost much less from HK (Sealmodel); I suggested Tonyshop to Wafu because he is (still) in EU and for us it's cheaper from France.

55 minutes ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Don't know, but I think to the US it would cost much less from HK (Sealmodel); I suggested Tonyshop to Wafu because he is (still) in EU and for us it's cheaper from France.

Thanks, you're probably right.

I have dealt with Seal Model long ago when they were called EricYY. Great service and prices. Took long to get to me but I chose cheap and slow. My only issue is that I would like them to carry more stuff but I can understand that it is not cheap to do that.

Need to go check for the new Tamiya Spitfire and see how the pricing is on that.

Edited by skyhawk174
13 minutes ago, mario krijan said:

Same situation with F-16 in 1/72 and 1/48.... very hard to find.... even standard boxes are very hard to find! Probably they just produce small batches and that way they make prices high!

Lots of Hasegawa F-16s on eBay but, generally not cheap. But they're there. White boxes and special boxings.

1 hour ago, mario krijan said:

I agree... but prices are over 50-60$!!

Yep, that's what I meant by "not cheap" :thumbsup:

I've seen a bunch of ridiculous prices for Hasegawa kits. Almost $200 for some. Of course, those vendors are usually charging ridiculous prices for everything they are selling. How about a Monogram F-4 for $70? 

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Yep, that's what I meant by "not cheap" :thumbsup:

I've seen a bunch of ridiculous prices for Hasegawa kits. Almost $200 for some. Of course, those vendors are usually charging ridiculous prices for everything they are selling. How about a Monogram F-4 for $70? 

For whatever reason the Hasegawa 2 seaters go for stupid money. I paid about $55 CDN (about $42 USD) for the Greek 2 seater when it was first released and now it is in the $150 range. Stupid. 

Also a Monogram F-4 for $70. Wow, hope he gets it but no way I even think about buying something like that. Good think I have 2 in my stash.

Edited by skyhawk174
1 hour ago, Matt Walker said:

Speaking of ridiculous Hasegawa prices. Add the 4th TA-4 Skyhawk to the list! Stupid asking prices!

Yep, just about anything with the Hasegawa brand is being priced like they were made of gold. Unfortunately, for some subjects they are the only decent options.