CD48152 - 1/48 Hawker Hunter F.6

• 3 weeks later...

Still rate the 1/32 Revell as the best Hunter, but the new era Airfix 1/48 Hunter F.6 looks to be a great kit.

Aerocraft are making a 1/48 T.7 (side by side two seater) conversion for it.

FGA.9/Mk.58 is bound to follow.

Personally prefer the later variants in the more outlandish schemes, like Jon Whaley's flamboyant Meteor and the Swiss job with the newspaper font all over it, called something like the Papyrus Hunter. Arab ones in shades of sand and coffee are also quite cool, as the Swedish Acro Hunter, Fleet Air Arm GA.11 - huge amount of options really.

Don't know what Xtradecal are up to on this.

Tony 

Tried a few years back to have Kursad make decals for the Draken International A-4's, and he was met with lawyers instantly. So although I too would like to see this, be aware that copyright issues may be the achilles heal for ATAC and other markings. 😟

On 12/23/2018 at 5:52 AM, Niels said:

Tried a few years back to have Kursad make decals for the Draken International A-4's, and he was met with lawyers instantly. So although I too would like to see this, be aware that copyright issues may be the achilles heal for ATAC and other markings. 😟

Another decal manufacturer has included three ATAC subjects on his multi subject sheets: a Kfir, an L-39 & a Hunter in 1/72 scale.  

• 1 year later...

Please try not to forget these Hawker Hunters International Operators : Kuwait, Qatar and Abu Dhabi.

1. Qatar Hunters have never been covered on a decal sheet at 1/48 scale.  

2. Decals for Hunters of Kuwait from the first version of the Academy Kit released 20 years ago are now very difficult to find.

3. Abu Dhabi Hunters have been produced on an ADS decal sheet in the far past but are now impossible to find.

😎

SharkOwl

19 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Another vote for a GA.11, since they’ve released an F.4 kit, too. Extra Dark Sea Grey over white, please!

Ben

But as the recently released Hunter F.4/F.5 kit already includes parts for a GA.11, I think it's a fair bet to say that Airfix will release a separate RN boxing.

And as the GA.11 colour schemes are quite limited, perhaps it would be hazardous for Caracal to cover that variant ? And I'm sure XtraDecal/Hannants already have some artwork ready for it...

MB

On 3/9/2020 at 7:38 AM, MarcB said:

But as the recently released Hunter F.4/F.5 kit already includes parts for a GA.11, I think it's a fair bet to say that Airfix will release a separate RN boxing.

And as the GA.11 colour schemes are quite limited, perhaps it would be hazardous for Caracal to cover that variant ? And I'm sure XtraDecal/Hannants already have some artwork ready for it...

MB

You're probably right, but it would be nice to have Caracal-quality markings for it. 

Ben