HFB-320 ECM Hansa Jet in 1:72 by Sova-M

I´d like to show you my current project, the HFB-320 ECM Hansa Jet by Sova-M.

This is a Short-Run-kit, recognisable by the missing part numbers on the sprue - but the instructions have a plan where you can localize the parts.

nyejgGa.jpg

Nevertheless the cockpit has a lot of details, including pedals, which I have left away since they won´t be visible later. Fitting the cabin windows was hard work, because they barely fit into the holes. But after using brute force they are pretty well stuck and won´t fall out.

The instrument panel is done with a nice decals, and to be on the safe side I added some weight to the nose.

EQmghOy.jpg

Glueing the two halves together was fairly simple and easy, even though they don´t have pins to help position the two pieces. Since the two halves were a slightly bit warped I started glueing aft and continued my way forward.

HtYNtzN.jpg

Q7u0BHE.jpg

I also added a crew, using pilots from the Revell Modern NATO-pilots set.

GOY7Mmx.jpg

6rEA7Uf.jpg

The forward swept wings look cool!

R8qvigl.jpg

Unfortunately I had a small hick-up, then some more trouble and fortunately a happy end. This is how that event started:

Sve6iRx.jpg

I think the problem is clar: The Jet is not sitting straight, which is the result of an improper installation of the main gear-box on the port-side. This can happen with a short-run, since positioning parts may be more tricky than on an "usual kit". I take full responsibility here!

Then I tried my first solution: Cutting the port main-gear strut, sand it shorter and re-attach it. Well, it all went well until I tried to cut it off - with a soft "piiiing" the cut-off part flew away and fell vitiom to the carpet-monster. Or the couch-monster. Or whatever took it... 😞

Fortunately I just had finished a 1/72 Su-27 in flying condition, and simply raided one of the main gear struts from that kit. Voilà:

tUm4WvZ.jpg

The last two days I added all the small stuff like antennas to the belly and the top of the aircraft:

cVig6NL.jpg

kSw18po.jpg

And now I´m waiting for a fellow modeller to finish the updated camoflage-plan. He told me that the plan of the kit is incomplete and missing some green spots on the wings. Hopefully I can start painting today or tomorrow.

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.

During the last days I continued working on the HFB-320.

Fortunately my fellow modeller provided me with the updated camoflage-plan. I will post it in the review of the kit.

First I painted the bright grey, using Revells 75 that got some white mixed into it. Eventually some blue would have been good here, or adding some drops of Revells 43 and 76. But I´m happy how it looks now:

RcNvhsY.jpg

Then I added Gunship-grey, which is Revells 77. You may add some drops of Revell Blue Grey 79, but I think it´s "blue enough":

awLx7Wy.jpg

And finally some Revell Green 65, which got a little bit of yellow (15) into it:

qNnFCY3.jpg

The final picture shows the Hansa with all details like antennas and stuff painted. All that´s missing are the position lights and the wheels. And of course decals.

QEnmUHF.jpg

And that´s where I am right now: I have just finished adding the decals. They are good to work with, but a lot of small stencils are missing, and the big decals for the wings are in the wrong color. Also, the bird has only one "Balkenkreuz" on the upper and lower side and not two, and those coming with the kit are too big.

However, the above mentionend fellow modeller already announced to be working on a correction set of decals (and also on a "Fly Out"-version), so I recommend waiting for that set.

HAJO

"FIRST!"

Well, I think no one else did this kit until now, so I have a good chance that mine is the first one finished.

Overall I´d say that this is a really nice kit, with some weaknesses concering the decals especially, but nothing that should really worry you.

CzPLoVB.jpg

wvHcg4q.jpg

The camo is a nice outfit for this jet!

5yYihJR.jpg

kVDDUoi.jpg

WyeNTj3.jpg

x3wqkgN.jpg

yJ9tx5u.jpg

baviGme.jpg

Small windshield wipers:

le6dK21.jpg

o9A3M9n.jpg