1/350 TOS ENTERPRISE build.

My 1/350 Star Trek Enterprise build. The first part of this brief video shows the model in it's rawest form, in front of a neutral background. It was lit,Weathered and Painted per the 11' Filming miniature as it was seen during the original run of the series, based on the info and research I have done through the years, Going to great lengths to get the Engine Pods to be as close to the filming miniatures as they were seen during the course of the series.
Not how they appear now.

I added smaller videos showing my engine pod effect with a comparison of the real miniatures from The Doomsday Machine.

The last part is a SPFX video lovingly recreated to reflect the original effects in the series(complete with star bleed ).

Awesome! Looks incredibly accurate! the only minor minor minor critique would be that I don't know that I'd seen them do a rotating pan around the ship with the stars moving linear like that. Or maybe rotating the opposite way, toward the viewer? I seem to recall more of a passing pan for motion with the star moving and then stars not moving when they did a rotation like it's in orbit or something. I could be completely wrong so you can tell me to shaddup, but it just has something that seems a little off. But other than that the effect is perfect!

Bill

Wonderful, that is the same way I did my warp engines, both going inwards.

Now, Build the other 4 1/350 Enterprise's, back to CVN-65......

j7NVGYU.jpg

The refit 1701 (no A) has found a new home since this photo was taken.

19 hours ago, niart17 said:

Awesome! Looks incredibly accurate! the only minor minor minor critique would be that I don't know that I'd seen them do a rotating pan around the ship with the stars moving linear like that. Or maybe rotating the opposite way, toward the viewer? I seem to recall more of a passing pan for motion with the star moving and then stars not moving when they did a rotation like it's in orbit or something. I could be completely wrong so you can tell me to shaddup, but it just has something that seems a little off. But other than that the effect is perfect!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...