Tu-128 Fiddler interior colours questions (Trumpeter)

Hi guys,

I have just received Trumpeter's new Tu-128 Fiddler in 1/72nd scale and, as usual, Trumpeter doesn't say much about colours and is even inconsistent in the manual.

The cockpit should be painted in "Light Blue" (Mr. Color #20) and the control panels, the flight sticks and the seats in matt black. I know not much would be seen once the canopies are closed, but I'd like to get a good match.

As for the wheel wells, Trumpeter says they're Silver in the manual, but in the painting guide, they indicate "Intermediate Blue (Gunze's H56/Mr. Color #72).

The landing gear is a mix of Light Blue (same as cockpit) and Silver.

I was wondering if any of you know if these are correct as I couldn't find much information online.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Can't help you much with the questions beyond that googling on both english and russian it is indeed correct that the IP's are black. In fact, the cockpit appears to be mostly black overall.

But, i didnt realize the kit was already out. What is your impressions of it?

Well, it looks much better than the old Amodel kit. I haven't started it yet, but it looks simple and with a small parts count. I can't say anything about accuracy because I don't know much about the Fiddler.

You can find here photos of the sprues and the manual.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 7:51 PM, madcow said:

The cockpit should be painted in "Light Blue" (Mr. Color #20) and the control panels, the flight sticks and the seats in matt black. I know not much would be seen once the canopies are closed, but I'd like to get a good match.

Hello Ricardo,

this picture may help you:

46425d1359362872-tu128ut-rschev-zinchuk-

I think you can use a Mr.HOBBY H325, maybe a H315 - I can’t recommend you a more suitable color at this time.

As for the wheel wells, Trumpeter says they're Silver in the manual, but in the painting guide, they indicate "Intermediate Blue (Gunze's H56/Mr. Color #72).

The wheel wells are Silver.

The landing gear is a mix of Light Blue (same as cockpit) and Silver.

Silver, too. For some photos go here: https://aviaforum.ru/threads/tu-128-fotoalbom.23025/

Cheers!

P.S. Here you can find some additional information, mostly the monochrome photos:

http://forums.airforce.ru/matchast/4961-reestr-tu-128-a/

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov
On 12/8/2018 at 9:58 AM, Berkut said:

But, i didnt realize the kit was already out. What is your impressions of it?

I'm interested to hear about the accuracy of this kit as well. Given Trumpeters track record I'm holding off buying for now. Fred K.