V-22 Osprey decal/details research

Hi all

I've been asked to gather information on current V-22 Osprey colors and markings for a manufacturer. If you can help with solid info like walkarounds, marking details, etc. please PM me. This is a great chance to get that particular scheme you like!

I'm not promising a whole new tool kit but the modern lumps-n-bumps found on the current Osprey are possible too. Info on what's needed and some photos would be a big help.

Thanks loads

Sherman C.

My son flies the MV-22B with VMM-161. The USMC aircraft are painted with FS36320, Dark Ghost gray- FS36375, Light Ghost gray- FS36237, Blue Gray. Color tones are muted and can be difficult to see delineation at even short distances. Lumps and bumps are no-tell, no-pic items at unit level however some are on both USMC and USAF V-22's and are shown on publicly released pictures. Xtra Decals makes a sheet, 48-119 that is quite accurate for common markings. Individual unit markings change with any decision the unit commander may entertain.

USAF CV-22's have some different color schemes, some are common to the MV-22B while other are totally different.

Chris M 

• 2 months later...

Hopefully 1/48 scale, the Italeri builds up ok into an MV-22 but there's a lot of changes to be made that the kit doesn't have. A decent interior set of bulkheads would be nice too.

Here's a link to all the reference photos I used for all the necessary lumps n bumps on this build.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4i0mrsxmnwry8vt/AACPjVY73zsgtfEqFguum35da?dl=0

4XurjHa.jpg

vkx9nVh.jpgYsIB01k.jpg

As far as “lumps and bumps” - there are plenty of open source pics and docs that illustrate what this equipment looks like and what it does.  No real issues in obtaining this info.   

Good luck w your project.   

Paul Brown - that’s a great build btw.   

Edited by 11bee