SU-35 "red 25" photos

Anybody have a resource for photos of Red 25?   I managed to find just one on google images.  Or, any high-res photos of the current production scheme will help too.  I'm having a hard time figuring out the colors of some finer details like hatches and whatnot.  The paint scheme sheet that came with the kit (GWH) is pretty good, but could be a bit more detailed in some areas. 

Oh, I do have enough photos of the engines, no issues there.  Those seemed to be quite easy to find. 

Thanks, 

-Igor 

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for this! A very detailed paint instruction for each exact airframe was sent over to the instruction sheet designers. Each aircraft has an individual scheme even though they were produced and painted at the same KNAAZ paint shop. There are individual demarcation lines between camo colours for each aircraft. Position of markings is also particular to given aircrafts and there are some airframe specialities even if the aircraft are coming down the production line one after the other.

A very detailed research was conducted into each and every aircraft given in the kit. I even have contacted someone to take photos of the camo of one particular aircraft for which I did not have top views.

All this info was forwarded to G.W.H but in the end only a small fraction of it was used. Sad but there is nothing that I could do from a distance of several thousand kilometres. Most of the info was considered “too detailed” to be included. Sorry! :dontknow:

After finishing my work on this 35S project with G.W.H most of the files were scraped.

Best regards

Gabor

That's a bummer, Gabor.   I have been following your comments on various forums.  It sure sounds like you have put a ton of work into this project.  It's a shame they were not able to use more of your research.  I understand it is cost prohibitive, but on the other hand, they could have maybe put together a "special edition" kit which contained a bit more reference information.  

Going by what's in the box compared to photos of the actual aircraft, I can see how the schemes are a bit vague on some of the details.  I'm doing the best that I can do with what I have been able to gather online.  This is my first model in 15 years so I'm really more concerned with just making it look decent than making it look exactly like the real thing.  I'm learning a lot through this build... a lot of techniques that I have never used before.   I'm getting close to completing the build.  Just need to assemble the weapons, do a few touch ups, add all of the little details and I'm done.  

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into this.  It is much appreciated by many people all over the world. 

Best, 

-Igor

Edited by BaconRaygun

Hi Igor,

Good luck with your build. Hope you like this G.W.H  kit. Yes, a lot of work went into it! More than 3 years of it!

There is a little confusion here. The Chinese Su-35 build is not my work. Thanks for the complements (and I take them with pleasure :winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:) but they are due to someone else.

I am building a Russian aircraft but have not posted for some time due to other obligations. B) 

Best regards

Gabor

Yes, I realized that after I posted and did some editing. Got a little confused because I have read like every thread that I can find about this kit. I have followed your thread too, for some general build tips. Looking forward to seeing it once it is finished!

I have enjoyed every minute if this build. Fantastic kit.  World's ahead of what I was used to when I was building models in my teens.