F/A-18 Ejection Seat

I'm still waiting on the Marine Corps to pull Phantoms out of the boneyard and upgrade them to F-4S+++++ standard.  It could be a "what if" project.

On a serious note, at this point one has to wonder how many hours some off those S model Phantoms had on them compared to the Bugs that keep getting recycled.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Breaddy-Stack said:

Another option I'd recommend is Kasl Hobby's offering of the NACES seats. They have the correct canopy breakers for a two seat Hornet. If you look at the Tomcat's seats theirs are a bit taller.

Am I right in thinking the front and rear seats are different in an F/A-18F? I'm doing an E.

1 hour ago, Breaddy-Stack said:

Another option I'd recommend is Kasl Hobby's offering of the NACES seats. They have the correct canopy breakers for a two seat Hornet. If you look at the Tomcat's seats theirs are a bit taller.

I have a set of these for my F/A-18F. They look very good.

4 hours ago, seawinder said:

Am I right in thinking the front and rear seats are different in an F/A-18F? I'm doing an E.

I only have F/A-18D reference photos on hand with both seats in the shot. They’re the same seat, the canopy breakers on the headrest are differently sized. If the Kasl seats are any indication, this is the same in the F as well. The E’s bang seat will just looks like the F’s front seat

I like Wolfpack SJU-17's. However the Quickboost I find have the best price to worth ratio. And I can get them quite easilly. I have also a Pavla seats. Only used them in 1/72 but they look almost the same. Still, the headrest looks too similar to SJU-5's.

left to right Pavla, Wolfpack, Quickboost. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

AM-JKLXqBv0xLZ4M6fdeVwZlk_YDTMSpUrT_wGPG

See what I mean about the headrest? In 1/72 all I had to do was to file it down a bit. I love the seatbelt details on the Wolfpack seats. People in the know could probably tell, but I assumed, the Wolfpack seat is the only one that is unarmed (or safe, or whatever it's called) - near the end of the seat cushion, on the right hand side of the seat there is a tilted rectangle.

AM-JKLXIFDUU1BQ1GACa3xJDGFeTqmexCaNLL1xc

Hth.