Atlantis Models 1/72 HH-3 Jolly Green Giant

I am disappointed they are releasing the Aurora HH-3.  I understood they bought all of Revell's tooling as well.   I would like to grab another Revell 1/72 HH-3 Jolly Green Giant as I understand it is superior to the Aurora version.  

As a builder of at least 5 of the Revell Jolly Greens since the 70's, and the current owner of an Aurora kit now, I can definitely say the Revell kit is by far the superior kit.  It is not without it's faults; limited cockpit and NO cargo cabin detail, over-sized rivets, thick clear parts, thick rotors,   and limited rotor details.  With some TCL and a LOT of scratch-building, it could be made into an award-winner. 

I was once thinking of building the Revell kit as an Italian "Pelikan" S.A.R. bird but I just don't think I have that many years left to work on all the scratch-building details needed! 

Take Care,

WARDOG

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, Glynn Jacobs said:

I was once thinking of building the Revell kit as an Italian "Pelikan" S.A.R. bird but I just don't think I have that many years left to work on all the scratch-building details needed! 

Take Care,

WARDOG

This might be useful:

http://air-graphics.co.uk/shop?olsPage=products%2Fcs-04-hh-3f-pelican

Works just fine when I use it but basically there is a mail order firm in the UK called Air-graphics that does 1/72  decals and resin parts/conversions and they do a resin Pelican conversion consisting of 9 parts plus instructions........I've ordered decals and other resin stuff from them O.K........

Curious.....using my laptop and chrome my link takes me right to the detail page for the actual conversion but C2j's link gives a 404 error instead of what I assume would be Air-graphics main page........

On 1/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, JEFlint said:

What I never liked about the Revell kit that the Aurora had was the debris shield in front of the engines. 

Pretty easy to scratch build. Just copy one from a Sea King (or steal an unused one) kit.......