1/48 Academy Su-30 MKII Venezuela AMBV "5 aniversario"

I finished this model about a year ago but just now I realized I didn't post it here. I was kind of documenting the build but after the Photobucket thing everything went south for this model I used lots of aftermarket to make it as pretty as possible! for the first time I was looking for accuracy not so deeply but I wanted it as close as possible!

I started with the academy kit

Wolf pack Su-30 MK Flanker cockpit set

Wolf Pack Su-30 MK Flanker update set

Quickboost correct nose cone

Fairy Hobby Vacuum canopy

Brassin Tires

resin exhaust (don't know the brand)

Caracal decals wich are awesome, but untortunatly they are designed to fit the HobbyBoss not the Wolf Pack ones, so I had to paint most of them but still managed to use some of the decal, other tan that se decal sheet is awesome! and a bit of begemot's data

The camo colors were mixed to get as close as possible! this was the most difficult part cause I'm almost color blind and really bad for mixing!

DSC_2238_2

DSC_2203_1

DSC_2240_2

DSC_2205_1

DSC_2256_1

DSC_2208_1

DSC_2227-Recuperado

DSC_2215_1

DSC_2252_1

DSC_2275_1

A big thanks to Ichitoe and his wife to make this build possible!

21 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Another beautiful winner Kike. Man that thing looks great. One thing I have to say though is wow, those panel lines, they're screaming in you face like "Here I am!" Lol.

You are right Whiskey! even tho I like it, I have to agree that not so strong would have been better!

mate that's awesome! I've been following your WIP and enjoyed every page. Its a beautiful looking aircraft that you've done proud. Whilst I agree about the glaring panel lines, I also don't mind them either. I wish this was on my shelf.

Thanks for sharing this Kike

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, Doppelgänger said:

Kike,

Your build is stunning!

Didn't you use the Fairy-Hobby windshield on your build? It looks as though it had the Academy piece, which lacks the correct angle on it. :hmmm:

Cheers,

Onigiri 

You are right! I didn't use the Fairy-Hobby windshield, because somehow I managed to ruin it during the cutting process, that's why I left the canopy open!