Su-27 from Great Wall Hobby

57 minutes ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

Now THIS is exciting!  They do need to start with the vanilla Su-27 and UB, but here's to hoping they do the canard twin seat Flankers such as the SM, MKM, MKI, and MKA which do not yet exist in plastic.  'Tis a great time to be a Flanker fan!!!

Word!

Saw that original post with the drawing and got excited. I have already pulled my Academy kit off of the shelf for the sale pile. I only have a couple of Su-27s that I want to do so hopefully it won't be too expensive. Hmm I say that now but we will see...

3 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Oh boy, here we go again. Anyone want a Hobby Boss Su-27?

Just kidding, I'll hang onto it until I actually see a GWH Su-27. One never knows if plans may change.

Well,  It hasn't been   officially announced yet.

1 minute ago, B.Sin said:

Ah well then. We'll just have to wait and see. Like everyone has said, sure it would be a great kit.

8 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Word!

8 hours ago, Mstor said:

Ah well then. We'll just have to wait and see. Like everyone has said, sure it would be a great kit.

That's 'cause Great Wall Hobby won't go the AMK road, announcing something that will seldom happen in the long run?

Cheers,

Onigiro

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

That's 'cause Great Wall Hobby won't go the AMK road, announcing something that will seldom happen in the long run? 

Cheers,

Onigiro

I dare say that in the future, if a model maker does what AMK has done, we will starting saying, "they're AMKing it". Or if a company announces a new product we'll say, "hope they don't AMK it". In other words, AMK is never going to live this down. They've probably permanently tarnished their reputation. Sad.

Onigiro, we would say "that's 'cause Great Wall Hobby won't AMK it". :naughty:

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

I dare say that in the future, if a model maker does what AMK has done, we will starting saying, "they're AMKing it". Or if a company announces a new product we'll say, "hope they don't AMK it". In other words, AMK is never going to live this down. They've probably permanently tarnished their reputation. Sad.

Damn right, Mark. 

59 minutes ago, dylan said:

I would like to formally request these decals for the kit.

27707962522_04f8f48312_b.jpg

Foxbot did do a set for the digital Su-27Ss but its out of production. You can still get the same results, though, using their Su-27UB set along with a set they have of decal numbers for the Su-27S.  They also make a mask set. Here's their web site.

http://foxbot.com.ua/main-page.html

I found one of the out of production Su-27S sets with masks on eBay.

Edited by Mstor
correct spelling error
4 hours ago, Mstor said:

Foxbot did do a set for the digital Su-27Ss but its out of production. You can still get the same results, though, using their Su-27UB set along with a set they have of decal numbers for the Su-27S.  They also make a mask set. Here's their web site.

http://foxbot.com.ua/main-page.html

I found one of the out of production Su-27S sets with masks on eBay.

I have them, but their quality is not the best.

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

In what way? The decals or the masks, I'm curious.

I used Foxbot decals on my Mig-25, they are thick with a matt finish and did not perform well. the masks are fantastic