Su-27 from Great Wall Hobby

15 hours ago, dylan said:

I used Foxbot decals on my Mig-25, they are thick with a matt finish and did not perform well. the masks are fantastic

Thanks Dylan, I think one could source most of the decals from other sheets. Will have to look around when the times comes. Glad to hear the masks worked well.

Edited by Mstor
  • 3 months later...

Awesome!    I was hoping this would happen.  A beat up Su-27 is gonna look great on the shelf next to my not-so-beat-up Su-35.   It's also got more probes and little details when compared to the 35, which will make it that much more fun for me.  Cant wait.  

On 4/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, Solo said:

First things first. They have got more important assignments.

1209915-27767-77-pristine.jpg

Well:

- design and tooling are quick to do

- tooling is cheap (only two toolings required or even just one if they add cavities to the QT F-35 transparent sprue tooling)

- Japan and probably some other Asian countries loves QT products

- low production cost, low retail price

Perhaps it's more important to GWH as it may be more profitable than a Su-27.

I would love to have new tool Flankers. Especially the later variants like the SM, Su-30 (I'll take a side of canards with that order) Su-33 et.al. Early Flankers would be great "beaters" to weather up and show airframe age. I would also like to to build one with the markings of the "privately owned" Flanker(s) sometimes seen flying in the skies of Nevada in mock dogfights with the USAF.............secret stuff.

22 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I would love to have new tool Flankers. Especially the later variants like the SM, Su-30 (I'll take a side of canards with that order)

Oh yea baby. Love me some CANards.

Serious though. I do love the look of the Su-27 family aircraft with canard. And we really need an accurate early Su-27. The Hobby Boss offering has that crazy problem with the main wheel wells and I am sure others know of more issues (the wells are the ones that stand out to me).

So, come on GWH, make us some Flankers!

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I would love to have new tool Flankers. Especially the later variants like the SM, Su-30 (I'll take a side of canards with that order) Su-33 et.al. Early Flankers would be great "beaters" to weather up and show airframe age. I would also like to to build one with the markings of the "privately owned" Flanker(s) sometimes seen flying in the skies of Nevada in mock dogfights with the USAF.............secret stuff.

Funny you mention this.  The first time I drove cross country (ny - san diego, back in 2005), as we were approaching vegas, I noticed a fighter jet in the distance...   I was pretty damn surprised when it got closer and I realized it was a flanker.  Blew my mind.  I have a black and white photo of it somewhere (I was taking a photography class in college). 

Personally I am hoping for a straight Su-27P Lot of neat marking options on that. The announce KH kit will be a SM and while that has more interesting configuration options the markings are pretty limited. 

On 4/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, BaconRaygun said:

Funny you mention this.  The first time I drove cross country (ny - san diego, back in 2005), as we were approaching vegas, I noticed a fighter jet in the distance...   I was pretty damn surprised when it got closer and I realized it was a flanker.  Blew my mind.  I have a black and white photo of it somewhere (I was taking a photography class in college). 

Like this one? Online sources say it came from Belarus.
Dogfighting an F-16 over Groom lake.
img_20170621_093934_451.jpg

• 1 month later...

On the Czech Modelforum cz here

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=11640

a comment (with translator program) from a forum member:

Re: 1/48 aircraft models from all manufacturers

Contributionby Leonardo01 »Tue May 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Yufei Mao of the Great Wall Hobby on his FB published that they are working on the Su-27, which should be based on their Su-35 in terms of shape and size. 

Best regards

Gabor

10 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

On the Czech Modelforum cz here

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=11640

a comment (with translator program) from a forum member:

Re: 1/48 aircraft models from all manufacturers

Contributionby Leonardo01 »Tue May 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Yufei Mao of the Great Wall Hobby on his FB published that they are working on the Su-27, which should be based on their Su-35 in terms of shape and size. 

Best regards

Gabor

Oh goody, goody :clap2: