ModelCollect B-1B - a no show?

I'm with Paul. MC used to make armour where six-views drawings are enough to design a CAD model in most cases. Aircrafts are another story: without fuselage and wing frames, without dimensional data, the designer cannot produce an accurate model. I believe MC realized that.

14 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

Does anyone know what's happened to Modelcollect's intended B1B? It's disappeared from their website so I can only guess that it's not going ahead which is very disappointing as I wanted one

I haven't seen anything on their Facebook page to suggest they're not producing it, so I'm staying hopeful. You might shoot them an email and ask and let us know what they say.

http://www.modelcollect.com/contactus

7 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

I haven't seen anything on their Facebook page to suggest they're not producing it, so I'm staying hopeful. You might shoot them an email and ask and let us know what they say.

I've done exactly that and will let you know what they say (if they say anything).

I'm not overly concerned when they release it - more if they will still release it.

9 minutes ago, The Madhatter said:

I've done exactly that and will let you know what they say (if they say anything).

I'm not overly concerned when they release it - more if they will still release it.

Was the guy shooting bananas out of his nose their reply?

8 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

It could be worse.....

They could announce the kit's imminent release for about 10 years, much like what Trumpeter/Hobbyboss has done with the 1/72 A-4s and MiG-19s.....

There are currently more Bigfoot sightings than sightings of these kits in that time period...... 

5 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

It could be worse.....

They could announce the kit's imminent release for about 10 years, much like what Trumpeter/Hobbyboss has done with the 1/72 A-4s and MiG-19s.....

There are currently more Bigfoot sightings than sightings of these kits in that time period...... 

Lol.it could beworsethan that the AMK F-14 comes directly to mind...

Modellcollect have been busy enough getting the B-52H sorted sothe B-1 will be a while yet but looking forward to a new tool Bone..

12 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

It could be worse.....

Didn't a company announce a 1/32 F-111 sometime ago? I can't remember if it was Trumpy/HobbyBoss or another.....What a unicorn that would be.

An F-111 series would be most excellent. It is a popular subject, saw combat and was flown by 2 countries. It also has high detail potential  in 1/32 (not to say 1/48 doesn't) With that series you could do our SE Asia experience, El Dorado Canyon, Desert Storm, USAFE Cold War, SAC Bomber Cold War, Aussie birds and the final birds at Cannon AFB in Gunship Gray.

All of this is of course dependent on the manufacturer getting the CAD and molds correct...............

2 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Says a 1/48 SR-71 is in the works too. That would be cool to see.

Aaron 

I'll wait for the one from Hypersonic. Jeffrey is a stickler for accuracy and I have faith that his will come to fruition in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

I'll wait for the one from Hypersonic. Jeffrey is a stickler for accuracy and I have faith that his will come to fruition in the not too distant future.

You and me both! Should be an exceptional model and accurate too! What a concept... Likely a good value even if it's a couple C notes!

I wonder how long it will actually take Jeffrey to get this one to the  box...

On 12/22/2018 at 8:18 PM, The Madhatter said:

Does anyone know what's happened to Modelcollect's intended B1B? It's disappeared from their website so I can only guess that it's not going ahead which is very disappointing as I wanted one

I chatted with Li, a Modelcollect designer, several weeks ago and he mentioned the B-1 along with an XB-70 are both still in the planning stages.

The B-52 line is consuming most of their time currently me thinks.

9 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

I chatted with Li, a Modelcollect designer, several weeks ago and he mentioned the B-1 along with an XB-70 are both still in the planning stages.

The B-52 line is consuming most of their time currently me thinks.

What scale is their SR-71 going to be in.