Revell 1/144 AN-225

Been waiting for this kit all year.....

My pics from when it came to OKC back in 90 or 91, can’t remember exactly. I did get to go up in the cockpit, I remember it had shag carpet !!!

IV2r0MN_d.jpg?maxwidth=1024

S5QLXqJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=1024

Edited by habu2
  • 2 weeks later...

Received mine Dec 31, from Aviation Mega Store figured I would show what’s in the box. The parts look great. 30 pages of instructions. Still setting up my model bench so it may be a month or so before I can get to it, can’t wait. 

2af889356255d5999bbd1e8d3f249f96.jpgf1bd5d5a85531a3e854ce4e5a7308c32.jpga2cf9054904e4411a0b8366ac6986769.jpg8486532e022fed3ec2f75965af27a86d.jpgcd81aabb4033357de092970a4a808b38.jpgbdea7900381ca3b5b3be6fca7cf1fa7c.jpga0458ef225b51e7be79dba7ca4bb95fe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Scalehobbyist and he said he doesn't even know if it will be imported to the US and that it wasn't currently listed with his importer.   Does anybody have any other information on when/if it might be available from US distributors?

7 hours ago, Nate said:

I emailed Scalehobbyist and he said he doesn't even know if it will be imported to the US and that it wasn't currently listed with his importer.   Does anybody have any other information on when/if it might be available from US distributors?

Got mine from Aviation Megastore but now its available on Amazon from a UK vendor. I haven't seen it pop up online and any of the US stores. I'll have to ask at the local Hobbytown if they will get any.

Well that was fast!

My 225 arrived in 12 days from Germany.

For sure I will get another one from Amazon.

Is there a 1/144 Buran?

I am considering building mine as a shuttle carrier!

BTW, this thing is massive!

walter

• 1 month later...

I ordered one off the amazon link on 3/23. Kit arrived today but looks like it was drop-kicked across the Atlantic. Sides crushed, two gashes clear thru the shipping box. Inside the kit box had similar crushing but no cuts or tears. I took a deep breath and opened the kit box, prepared for the worst. 

Not a single damaged part, and not a single loose part had detached from a tree. I was amazed.  The decal sheet had a couple of dents and divots but somehow the stripes were all intact. 

Speaking of decals, I’d like to do mine with the original thin red cheat line. I wonder if anyone will release a sheet with those markings?

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Speaking of decals, I’d like to do mine with the original thin red cheat line. I wonder if anyone will release a sheet with those markings?

Someone does but I can’t remember who and which of my threads they spoke of it. As soon as I find it I’ll post up. 

Edited by kg4kpg

Pas-decals.com

Great service, good prices.

Shipping is expensive from Russia to the US, but that is post office issue, not PAS.

When I was in Russia I got my PAS models hand delivered to my hotel.

We had a great conversation about future PAS model releases even though I don’t speak a word of Russian! 🙂

Great guy!!!

I just got my decals shipment from PAS, and I have to say that everything went flawless.

Those decals are amazing. Very thing, but strong enough not to break and very accurate. I would recommend to anyone, and order directly from them instead of EvilBay... The price are also quite cheap compare to the other provider.

Cheers,

Boz