What'd Santa bring ya?

31 minutes ago, adamitri said:

Santa brought me the following presents...

1/350 Hobbyboss USS Alaska

1/48 Hobbyboss TA-7C

1/48 Kittyhawk Yak-130

1/48 Kinetic F-21

Wow, you really must have been a good boy. :thumbsup:

A walmart video drone. Not much of a drone guy but it's fun to chase Little Dog around the house with it.

Modelingwise, gift cards rule :thumbsup: Picked up Eduard's Fokker Dr.I Profipack and Airfix's Tomahawk Mk.II in 1/48 along with some RLM 62 & 63 to paint a JU-87A coming out of The Naughty Closet next week.

I am Santa! However, during Squadron's black Friday sale I picked up the Vallejo Air Mecha color set, Vallejo Air Su-27 color pack, and the 1/48 Hobby Boss Su-27B, YF-23, and A-6E. I also bought a 1/48 Revell Ventura off Amazon. 

I've got far more kits than I'll ever build, so per my request Santa brought me a paint shaker.  That'll really come in handy, since I have a preference for 30+ year-old Humbrol, with several hundred tins in the stash.  I'd give myself carpal tunnel trying to properly mix the stuff by hand.

SN

Tamiya 1/32 P-51 (going to be built as a Korean War F-51), a bunch of Barracuda resin for this kit and Santa also got me the new Osprey book on the Vietnam War Christmas bombings.    Not the usual “lite” format like most Osprey books, it’s well detailed with much new info and also accounts from the NV perspective.    Worth it for anyone interested in this subject.    

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Tamiya 1/32 P-51 (going to be built as a Korean War F-51), a bunch of Barracuda resin for this kit and Santa also got me the new Osprey book on the Vietnam War Christmas bombings.    Not the usual “lite” format like most Osprey books, it’s well detailed with much new info and also accounts from the NV perspective.    Worth it for anyone interested in this subject.    

That’s cool!  Where are you getting decals for this project?  Are you making your own?

Edited by Falconxlvi
11 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

That’s cool!  Where are you getting decals for this project?  Are you making your own?

Pretty sad that there is such a lack of interest in the Korean War.   By my count there is exactly one decal set for Korean War Mustangs.    It's by AIMS and may now be out of production.    I was lucky to have snagged one a few months back.   Only other stuff I need for the F-51 are the HVAR rockets.   I've got some Trumpeter ones but they are pretty crude.   I'll try to see if I can purchase the ones that come with the Tamiya F4U-1D Corsair.   Those are much more detailed and come with stencils, etc.    

Here are the subjects from the AIMS sheet:

aims-aims3205-korean-war-mustangs.jpg

Edited by 11bee