What'd Santa bring ya?

35 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Might be something Kursad would be interested in doing if there's only that one sheet out there and if there's enough support. 

True but the fact that only a single 32nd F-51 decal sheet has ever been released, sadly suggests that Korean War subjects just aren’t very popular.   I’d love to see other F-51 options, there are plenty of colorful schemes to choose from and there are a few minor issues with the AIMS sheet as well.   

A Kore

55 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I thought he had several Korean subjects going on, F-84's, F-86's, etc. I think an F-51 sheet would be great for his portfolio.

A Korean War F-51 sheet would indeed be a good project - I will put it on the list. 

Santa did not bring me any modeling goodies this year - but he gave me a nice 21" LCD drawing tablet which would improve my productivity. He also seems to have left some non-model related stuff at the local FFL, which I have to go pick up sometime later in the week 🙂

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

A Kore

A Korean War F-51 sheet would indeed be a good project - I will put it on the list. 

Santa did not bring me any modeling goodies this year - but he gave me a nice 21" LCD drawing tablet which would improve my productivity. He also seems to have left some non-model related stuff at the local FFL, which I have to go pick up sometime later in the week 🙂

Oh snap you shoot?! You really are my new best friend haha!

On 1/2/2019 at 7:09 AM, 11bee said:

Pretty sad that there is such a lack of interest in the Korean War.   By my count there is exactly one decal set for Korean War Mustangs.    It's by AIMS and may now be out of production.    I was lucky to have snagged one a few months back.   Only other stuff I need for the F-51 are the HVAR rockets.   I've got some Trumpeter ones but they are pretty crude.   I'll try to see if I can purchase the ones that come with the Tamiya F4U-1D Corsair.   Those are much more detailed and come with stencils, etc.    

Here are the subjects from the AIMS sheet:

aims-aims3205-korean-war-mustangs.jpg

I didn’t know this sheet existed- thanks for posting.  I agree that the Korean War Mustangs are vastly under-serviced from a decal perspective. 

10 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

An overdose of nothingness... :crying2:

Warned that red lard that I'd shoot him out of the sky next year the minute I saw he approach the airspace over my home.

Him and Rudolph

Me neither buddy. :dontknow:

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Really, Mark? Thought I was the only one ignored by that fat-arsed red dealer...  :hmmm:

Should join forces in order to shoot him down next year.

Cheers my mate!

Onigiri

At my age he doesn't even bother to show up anymore, but if he does... :fight:

:naughty:

1 hour ago, Raptor01 said:

When you become Santa Claus, there is no excuse for not getting what you want for Christmas! New tools for the New Year! :yahoo:

Harder & Steenbeck Chameleon, GSI Creos PS-770, & Meng Sprue nipper. :banana: 

John

Nice! I love my H&S Infinity (the Chameleon is just an aluminium Infinity). As far as becoming Santa, well after gifts for everyone else, sometimes there ain't no mullah left for Santa. Plus I think everyone else I know was in worse straits than I. So, nada. :crying2:

Hasegawa 1/72 F-35B Lightning II

Hasegawa 1/72 MV-22 Osprey

Valom 1/72 J2F-1 Duck

Valom 1/72 J2F-6 Duck

Kora 1/72 SNC-1 Falcon

Olimp/Pro-Resin 1/72 XOSE-1

Now I need more time at the workbench!

Mike

Santa didn't bring me anything,  but then I could probably supply him for a few years. Instead,  this year I chose to reduce the stash a little and bundled up several kits with AM items, decals and masks and gave them away to some of my local modeling friends. Oh wait, I did get one item, totally out of my usual modeling realm [aircraft], a 1/25 AMT Ford F-150 Firestone pickup truck.  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amt-858-1978-ford-4x4-pickup--261453

I will try to build it like my friend Mike used to have.

Edited by Dutch

Well the old guy brought me enough armor to restart WWII and one aircraft kit. The real news was a new three weight fly rod to help ease the pain of my two weight being stolen. Then to top it off was new three weight line to boot.

Now aside from begging for some global warming;  here is what I got.

* RFM Tiger I late

* Takom M60a1 with reactive armor in Marine ODS markings

* RMF Panther G early/late 

* Hobby Boss Panther A with Zimmerit

* Academy Stugg IV ( very nice kit!)

* Airfix He111h6 ( good decals)

Gary