CD48154 - 1/48 DHC-3 Otter

11 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

UH-1A Otter from 95th Bomb Wing Goose Bay Labrador.  Tail  number 55-3267.  Please sir?

Original in here.  http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/95thBW/95th_BW.html

Otters at bottom of page.

Wow - definitely nice and something different. I assume there is a SAC badge over the sash on the other side? I will definitely include it in the US-specific (U-1A) Otter sheet that I am planning to do (I am thinking about two Otter sheets, one with US and one with foreign subjects).

Look at the R's in that US AIR FORCE though - I am bound to get a few e-mails about that (*)..

(*): I got a bunch of e-mails asking me how I could "get something so basic so wrong" after the H-34 sheet which had HH-34s where the USAF was painted with Navy style letters.  

42 minutes ago, KursadA said:

(*): I got a bunch of e-mails asking me how I could "get something so basic so wrong" after the H-34 sheet which had HH-34s where the USAF was painted with Navy style letters.   

Kursad,

Your HH-34J markings are spot on!  Most critics did not realize that the helos were all former Navy/Marine aircraft, were "refurbished" at Navy run NARFs and were painted in Air Force colors, but with Navy stencils and font types!  Kudos to you for noticing this and printing them correctly.

R/ Dutch 

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

That SAC Otter will be pretty nice for something different. I don't have the kit with the floats and to be honest not sure Hobby Craft released it in 1/48th. I think they did in 1/72nd. 

Chris, Hobbycraft 1/48 HC1655 had the floats only. HC1656 had the wheels and skiis and HC1657 had the wheels, skiis and floats. See scalemates for details. These do pop up on Ebay every now and then. usually at a premium though.

Dean

Just now, stryker1 said:

Chris, Hobbycraft 1/48 HC1655 had the floats only. HC1656 had the wheels and skiis and HC1657 had the wheels, skiis and floats. See scalemates for details. These do pop up on Ebay every now and then. usually at a premium though.

Dean

Thanks Dean. I have the wheeled version and silly me did not get the one with floats when it came out. And yes I keep forgetting to go to Scalemates. That is a great site and I really should use it more.

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

Wow - definitely nice and something different. I assume there is a SAC badge over the sash on the other side? I will definitely include it in the US-specific (U-1A) Otter sheet that I am planning to do (I am thinking about two Otter sheets, one with US and one with foreign subjects).

Look at the R's in that US AIR FORCE though - I am bound to get a few e-mails about that (*)..

Kursad, There are always those self proclaimed experts out there that think they know it all. 

As for the Otter, my educated guess is that since it carried the 95 BW crest on the right side it would have the SAC crest on the left.