CD48155 - 1/48 JAS-39 Gripen

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/4/2020 at 4:52 AM, flarpen said:

Hi
Any thoughts on when this will be made?

Ditto on where in the queue this one is at.   I have a kit on the paint shelf waiting for some interesting decals before I commit.   Was thinking of a "what-if" but would rather do an actual Swedish line bird.

Edited by Drifterdon

The design has been complete for a while, but I am waiting for something colorful to show up to add something different to the sheet. If nothing shows up, I will release the existing design before the end of the year. It will have markings for Swedish, Thai etc. line jets.

53 minutes ago, KursadA said:

The design has been complete for a while, but I am waiting for something colorful to show up to add something different to the sheet. If nothing shows up, I will release the existing design before the end of the year. It will have markings for Swedish, Thai etc. line jets.

Great news Kursad.   It can wait another couple months.

• 2 weeks later...

Something colourful and gripen 😂.
That doesn't really go hand in hand.

The Czechs have a few nice tigerschemes, but most of them are already accounted for in decal form.

There is this one though that made a solo display att the 2019 airforce celebration.

gripen-kallinge-39.jpg

And then there is always this one, JAS 39A Gripen in splinter camo.

22637817345_5.jpg

Edited by flarpen
32 minutes ago, KursadA said:

OK , now this is something different. Any high resolution photos anywhere??

Go to the JAS 39 Gripen group on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/saab39gripen

You can ask there if you can get hold of better resolution pictures and probably more of them to.

I know that Emil Lindberg is very active there, he is the person behind the design of the anniversary solo flight scheme.

The main language in the group is unsurprisingly Swedish, but English is not a problem.

Edited by flarpen

I am a member of a federally protected minority : the last 17 people in the US who do not have.a Facebook account. I will try to see if more photos get posted to various places as the weeks go by.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I am a member of a federally protected minority : the last 17 people in the US who do not have.a Facebook account. I will try to see if more photos get posted to various places as the weeks go by.

I was like you for a long time as well, but then I discovered these groups that share the same interests and the amount of info available there only.

That got me hooked. I don't use FB for much else.

• 2 years later...
On 8/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, KursadA said:

I am a member of a federally protected minority : the last 17 people in the US who do not have a Facebook account. I will try to see if more photos get posted to various places as the weeks go by.

I am one of the 17 as well!