CD48156 - 1/48 Dassault Rafale

• 10 months later...

I decided to make this sheet a dedicated one to foreign (non-French) users of the Rafale, while I work on a future sheet with some French subjects. This sheet will have markings for Egypt, Qatar and India; both single and twin seaters.

A 1/72 version will be released at the same time.

cd48156.jpg

This is great news Kursad. I must be out of the Rafael loop as I never knew those Airforces had purchased the Rafael. Now to go do the Google thing to see what these schemes look like.

Edited by skyhawk174

I hope it would be of interest to anyone who wants something different to do with that Revell (or HobbyBoss) Rafale kit instead of doing a French scheme - there  are options for both single and dual seat aircraft from all three operators (the Indian single-seater has not flown yet, but its serial number is included).

Two%20Egyptian%20Rafales%20flying%20over

48211237066_90d855273a_b.jpg

Wow those look great. Now I am torn. The Qatar one is very nice but that Egyptian one looks even better. I have 3 Revell kits and one will be French Tiger Meet but then the other two can be these ones from your sheet.

Take note that only RB001 and RB002 Indian Rafale are wearing the fuselage roundel just behind the Canards like French, Egyptian and Qatar Rafale.

From RB003, Indian Air Force Rafale are wearing the fuselage roundel in the front, below the cockpit.

Here is a photo of RB003 taken at Bordeaux Mérignac, France, by Christophe Ornecq on October 30th.

Plus :

Be careful about the Qatar roundel outer ring : It is not red but purple, the same purple color of the Qatar fin flag.

Please include more codes options on your future decal sheet for Rafale of Egypt, Qatar and India.

😎

glevass21

73223715_1248370362016384_1250999904604520448_o.jpg

Edited by glevass21
4 hours ago, glevass21 said:

Take note that only RB001 and RB002 Indian Rafale are wearing the fuselage roundel just behind the Canards like French, Egyptian and Qatar Rafale.

From RB003, Indian Air Force Rafale are wearing the fuselage roundel in the front, below the cockpit.

Here is a photo of RB003 taken at Bordeaux Mérignac, France, by Christophe Ornecq on October 30th.

Plus :

Be careful about the Qatar roundel outer ring : It is not red but purple, the same purple color of the Qatar fin flag.

Please include more codes options on your future decal sheet for Rafale of Egypt, Qatar and India.

😎

glevass21

73223715_1248370362016384_1250999904604520448_o.jpg

Hi Guy,

thanks for your input - I am aware of all of the point you made, and the decals are designed correctly. The colors on the draft artwork are not the actual colors that will go to print. I will post profiles soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, pacheco said:

Trying to order 1/72 sheet but on the checkout appears 1/48.  

Sorry about the issue - I fixed it and it should be working now.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like a beautiful sheet but Rafale kit cant be found anywhere. Its sold out, out of production or at prohibitive prices on Evil Bay.  😞

Edited by stalal
13 hours ago, stalal said:

Seems like a beautiful sheet but Rafale kit cant be found anywhere. Its sold out, out of production or at prohibitive prices on Evil Bay.  😞

1/48 Rafale's are available in the UK, have you tried contacting UK suppliers?