KInetic 1/48 F/A-18D ATARS KI-K48033

Evening, I was looking for some info for the forementioned kit.

Why is this boxing considered "GOLD"?

IAW LM website;

Photo Etched parts included.
Model Features:
1. Positional flaps, slat
(standard)
2. Extra outer wing for fold wing configuration(standard)
3. New engraving technology for crispy panel line and laser engraving for superdetail (new)
4. Highly detailed cockpit (standard)
5. Full intake (standard)
6. Super detail MLG and NLG bay (not sure it it is improved over the current Hornet kits)
Weapon includes:
1. Fuel tank
(standard)
2. VER (new)
3. AIM-9X, AIM-120B/C, GBU-12, CBU-20, (new)
4. AAQ-28 (standard)

2 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Will the canopy fit in the closed position? I have heard the kinetic F-18 kits that the canopy cannot be displayed closed.

My test fits have been good on initial fitting, but I later changed all mine to open canopies. So I do not have a difinitive answer at this time.

Cheers

2 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Will the canopy fit in the closed position? I have heard the kinetic F-18 kits that the canopy cannot be displayed closed.

6 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

My test fits have been good on initial fitting, but I later changed all mine to open canopies. So I do not have a difinitive answer at this time.

Cheers

USAFsparkchaser,

I took another look, there are gaps, but it is at the hinge points at the rear - filler will fix that up real quik. Use Vallejo putty ot perfect putty and use a q tip to smooth out the finish. You shouldn't need to sand. If it doesnt work out well, the nice this is you can remove and try again.

As for the width near the front of the canopy, there does look like the curvature of the canopy is a lttle bit off, but it is very small and could be corrected. I think it might be out by maybe .005'. 

HTH

Cheers