Dragon 1/35th scale UH-1N

https://flic.kr/s/aHskPzpb4E         I had a really fun time working on this one. It took me quite along time to complete it. I spent some long hours fixing the shortcomings in the kit. The main rotor head was the one item in the kit that needed the most attention. The nasty panel on the tail boom was the second major area I gave attention too.  I purchased some aftermarket weapons from Live Resin. It is the best I've seen on the market. The minigun that came with the kit was comically out of scale. I also replaced the .50 cal. The PE that comes with the kit is beyond awesome. Saves a lot of time on painting. I covered the quilted material in the cargo compartment with plastic sheet. I also added scrap PE to the walls for additional detail.

I added sandpaper to the landing skids to simulate a non slip texture, along with tow brackets. I purchased some gold foil from a party supply store to cover the disco ball. I had to scratch build rails for the gun mounts above the 2.75" rocket pods. The model was painted with Testors Model Master Enamels. After the decals were applied, and sealed, I did a pin wash with artist oils thinned with mineral spirits. I mixed lamp black, and titanium white for the wash. I wanted to thank the guys in my model club (Military Modelers Club of Louisville), along with Brian and Martin at Scale Reproductions Hobby Store for their support and logistical assistance. Some fantastic people.

I like what you did and it gave me a few ideas on my build. You just covered up the soundproofing on the bulkheads and I painstakingly sanded them off. You idea is better. I am using Cobra Company USMC UH-1n upgrade set on mine and it is a work in progress. Thanks for the motivation to finish mine and once again I love what you did with yours. 

Thanks gentlemen for commenting. ccrqw, I was close to doing the same thing, (sanding the soundproofing). I really didn’t want to add any more weight, because of the skids. I took a chance. I used the thinnest sheeting I could get. I wish I could have gotten the upgrade set from Cobra Company. Is it good quality? Thanks for your comment. 

Regards,

Christopher.

The original Cobra Company USMC UH-1N update resin conversion set is pretty good , it includes new seats , console, instrument panel , video recorder ,camera , nose and tail sensors , FLIR, chaff and flare buckets , and a few other lumps and bumps. Lone Star models bought the molds and stated they will re-release all the Cobra Company sets. So there may still be an opportunity to get a set if you choose to do another UH-1N. When I finally finish mine I will post some pics.