Question about Heller Coast Guard C-130

Hello all,

I am not a C-130 expert, but was hoping those here could help me out a little bit.  I am trying to determine which version of the C-130 the Heller kit represents?   I got this recently and loved the idea of building a Herk in the CG colors.  🙂  According to ScaleMates its a rebox of an Italeri kit, but that original boxing is an AC-130A.

A couple other quick questions, are their any nice aftermarket bits that would work for this, thinking wheels, cockpit, etc?

Also, are any of the C-130 kits a 'streched' C-130?

Thank you.

The Heller C-130 is a rebox of the Italeri kit

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/103349-heller-80385-lockheed-c-130-hercules 

If you google reviews of the Italeri C-130H kit then everything  aftermarket wise there is applicable to the Heller kit. Attack Hobby did a series of updates for the C-130 which are OOP but are being re-released under Brengun. None of the 1/72 / 48 kits are stretched C-130s, you need a conversion for that which are listed at the bottom of the above link. 

HTH

Stephen

The HC-139 from Heller is the same as Italeri, white plastic; they represent an early HC-130H, you will need new decals since heller give you only old version only say Coast Guard- and now is U.S.Coast Guards need a FLIR by the nose the rear door needs the tube used for the flares and add a square window on the side

DC4FE079-09CC-478C-A3D4-E351CC9BF204.jpeg