1:200 AMT Man In Space (on steroids!)

A good open source (free) tool is Inkscape. While I've done a few decals, I mostly use Inkscape to cut masks and also sheet parts on a Silhouette Portrait cutter.  The sheet parts for the Mark 21-1 mounts on the LCM in my current signature were designed in Inkscape and scored on the cutter. A little work with a sharp knife freed the parts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, Aussie-Pete said:

I thought PSP vanished. Will look into it too. Cheers

Well it's not like Corel hasn't tried to kill it.  Some of the last few releases have had a few bugs that they didn't fix, but, guess what, they are fixed in the next release that you can pay the upgrade fee so you can get the fixes. 🙄

I had to drop back to X9 for a while because 2018 was so crappy.  It looks like 2019 is better, I haven't found any killer bugs yet.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:06 PM, Hotdog said:

Time to strip the paint and start over AGAIN. Since the Rustoleum 2x is an enamel-based paint, I chose to soak the booster in some household paint thinner I had in my garage. This turned out to be a big mistake! When I came down the next morning to see if the paint had been stripped off, I found a white puddle of liquid plastic. The model had been completely melted down by the harsh paint thinner! 🤧 Frustrated, I decided to move on to the Titan and put off building a new Atlas until later.

Hey there, just came across this thread and am reading from the beginning.

For future reference, there are a couple plastic-safe paint removers available in the model railroad world, I guess availability of such things may depend on one's country of residence, but here in the US one I've been using for decades is, 

https://www.walthers.com/paint-stripper-remover-for-plastics-16oz-473ml-bottle

• 8 months later...