EA-6A wild weasel walkways

Hi guys

I am currently converting hobbyboss 1/48 A-6E Intruder to EA-6A Wild Weasel of the VAQ 309 squadron in low visibility colors

I am wondering if they had walkways on the wing root and spine and what color shall I do them 

Thank you

Peri 

3 hours ago, agelos2005 said:

Hi guys

I am currently converting hobbyboss 1/48 A-6E Intruder to EA-6A Wild Weasel of the VAQ 309 squadron in low visibility colors

I am wondering if they had walkways on the wing root and spine and what color shall I do them 

Thank you

Peri 

Most did. However, it varied from aircraft to aircraft. If you can't find photos of the specific aircraft you're building, you can use a slightly lighter or darker gray than the main camouflage color. While many were black, it may be too stark of a contrast. 

Nice video and great work by the way. Admittedly though, I have to say the music is annoying. Personally, I would much rather hear you describing your techniques. If I wanted to listen to music, that is what I would do, not watch modeling videos. 

35 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Most did. However, it varied from aircraft to aircraft. If you can't find photos of the specific aircraft you're building, you can use a slightly lighter or darker gray than the main camouflage color. While many were black, it may be too stark of a contrast. 

Nice video and great work by the way. Admittedly though, I have to say the music is annoying. Personally, I would much rather hear you describing your techniques. If I wanted to listen to music, that is what I would do, not watch modeling videos. 

Thanks Dave

I will go for a dark grey but shall I do the spine as well or just the wing roots?

I will try and do the talking but it is hard to edit video and audio layer 😖😖😖

I have the Revell 48th scale EA-6A that my boss got me for Christmas one year after I was released. I think it was only molded for only a year so it's quite rare. I may put it only bench later this year probably by the fall, I figure it's time since my boss is still bugging me about building it. I plan on following this build to try and pick up a few things here and there. I know the two kits are worlds apart and you're doing a conversion but I figure that there will be some things that my kit needs to either add or remove. 

Best of luck on the build.

6 hours ago, HCS-5 AO1 said:

I think it was only molded for only a year so it's quite rare.

It's been molded at least twice, actually... and I can actually find them easier than I can the bog-standard A-6E kit. (at least around here)

• 2 weeks later...

Phenomenal build!
As for the music I like it. Too many builders can't talk, and a 20 minute video ends up being 4 hours long!  🤐
Maybe add text in the videos for descriptions of techniques and materials used.
I have one in the stash too, So I will be glued to your build. I want to do VAMQ-2 Playboys markings.
Can't wait to see your next installment!

Cheers!

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 7:19 AM, Skull Leader said:

It's been molded at least twice, actually... and I can actually find them easier than I can the bog-standard A-6E kit. (at least around here)

Really? Darn, there goes that idea for retirement money😭

Hi Peri,

I watched your videos, you did a really nice job on the cockpit and tail conversion! However, I'm not sure whether I missed it, but did you change the nose? Tthe EA-6B had a longer, differently shaped nose to the standard Intruder... Also, I wonder why you glued the exhausts in so deep inside the fuselage - the ends protrude beyond the fuselage...

Cheers,

Jeffrey

4 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Hi Peri,

I watched your videos, you did a really nice job on the cockpit and tail conversion! However, I'm not sure whether I missed it, but did you change the nose? Tthe EA-6B had a longer, differently shaped nose to the standard Intruder... Also, I wonder why you glued the exhausts in so deep inside the fuselage - the ends protrude beyond the fuselage...

Cheers,

Jeffrey

Thank you very much 

No I didn't extent the nose only 're scribe it

The exhaust from photos I 've seen are flash with the surface