50th Anniversary of the 1st Lunar Landing?

Happy New Year!

I've just posted a thread for a Group Build on the General Discussion page, to celebrate the 1st Apollo Moon Landing ... how many of you would be interested in participating.

I have to figure out how to include the poll ...

If, however, the mods, due to this short lead time, do not approve the GB, I'll just start a thread here and we can contribute our builds to it.

Pete

Edited by K2Pete

Happy New Year to all of you friends!

I had the same idea and I'm in! There will be some awesome surprises ... up040577.gif

Offical kick off of the 50th anniversary of the first Moon landing!

Edited by spaceman

Wombat ... the Group Build is intended as a bit of an incentive to complete a model. If you participate and it gets completed ... BONUS!

If not, complete it when you can ... eezy peezy ...  ;- )

When it starts up, whether on this Forum or in the Group Build Forum, feel free to throw your hat in the ring! Love to have you!

Gents, I just figured how to include the Poll, do me and the Moderators a favour and go to the General Discussion page and 'sign' the poll ... not the one here ... that thread is 'unofficial' ... :rolleyes:

Thanx

Pete

Edited by K2Pete
On 1/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, K2Pete said:

Wombat ... the Group Build is intended as a bit of an incentive to complete a model. If you participate and it gets completed ... BONUS!

If not, complete it when you can ... eezy peezy ...  ;- )

When it starts up, whether on this Forum or in the Group Build Forum, feel free to throw your hat in the ring! Love to have you!

Gents, I just figured how to include the Poll, do me and the Moderators a favour and go to the General Discussion page and 'sign' the poll ... not the one here ... that thread is 'unofficial' ... :rolleyes:

Thanx

Pete

Cheers, Pete. At this stage I'm unclear just when I will be starting anything physically but I will be happy to jump in once I do have something in my hands.

I've been a reader of the ARC forums for a while but haven't posted much.  But, I have just started a Saturn V build, so sure I'll join a group build.  I voted in the poll in the General Discussion forum.

I haven't built a Saturn V since I did the 1/200 AMT version years ago.  I've got the Monogram and Airfix kits that I was thinking about bashing together along with the New Ware detail set.  I did the Airfix Saturn IB a couple of years ago. I added the RealSpace Apollo spacecraft to it along with some scratch built details.  I think it came out fairly well.  I'm sure there is going to be a lot of plastic dust created with the Saturn V build.

Thinking about it... a lot. I have at least two Saturn V models I want to do. One, the new Estes 1/100 kit and second the monster Dragon 1/72 offering. Although I may scale that down to a Revell 1/96 or a 1/144 offering depending on how much accurizing I feel comfortable with doing on the Dragon kit. If I do the Dragon kit out of the box it looks like a very straightforward build. But I just can't help to tweak things a bit if I can.

It's nice to have you all aboard! ApolloMan, as205 (Welcome as205! ), Lunokhod 2 and ... Jay.

I haven't seen you on these boards in forever Jay ... nice to see you're still around!

Make sure you all place a vote in the poll on the General Discussion page, as that's the only barometer the moderators have for making this an official Group Build ... i think we'll need 15 participants minimum ... but as I've stated prior, if it doesn't get 'official' recognition, we''l just do it right here on the Real Space forum.

Tjanx Gents

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Okay Gents, the 50th Anniversary Group Build has been approved.

Here's the link in the Group Build Forum

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/forum/329-50th-anniversary-1st-lunar-landing-gb/

I'll put up some folders for Inspiration and such in the next couple days.

So post your build threads on the GB and let's have a nice, fun time.

Pete

• 1 month later...

The Group Build is firing on all cylinders ... but I do-o-o wonder where some of you all have gone ... :coolio:

I sure hope you're still planning on participating in the GB ... it'll be on till the end of August, so time shouldn't be a problem.

I'll see you over there!   :thumbsup:

Pete