• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the Typhoon is my favorite British WWII aircraft. It just looks bad a__ with that big intake.

I've made some progress on the build since my initial post. I started with cutting one of the seats from it's casting block. The Ultracast seats are nicely cast with great detail. 

6kzhMRy.jpg

After cleaning, washing and painting the seat I got the cockpit assembled. I realized after the fact that very little of the cockpit is visible due to the rather small cockpit opening. I still need to add the control stick.

e5hE6WD.jpg

I also installed the fuselage inserts. I've read these are not sized properly, and sure enough they don't completely mate up.

NlFK5Gk.jpg

But the gaps will be easily closed with a couple strips of sheet styrene. 

WfKo30Q.jpg

I'll trim them down flush with the fuselage and get the fuselage closed up this weekend. I'm undecided whether I want to use the resin elevators and rudder, not sure if the work is worth the effort. 

DOH! Not paying attention and forgot to install the IP before closing up the fuselage! That's what I get for watching Thud Pilots on Amazon Prime and working on the build. Hopefully, I can get it installed going through the bottom of the fuselage. 

ItM6yHJ.jpg

The filler styrene pieces have been trimmed down and sanded flush. Happy how the approach worked out. Also worked on some seam issues. I'll spray a bit of primer to see if any these areas need further attention.

tcTxgUh.jpg

I've decided not to use the resin ailerons and flaps; however, I'll will try the resin tailplanes as they don't appear to need much effort to use, hopefully....

Xt0SWsC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...