Any Chance of 1/72 and 1/144 HU-16 Abatross

Was wondering if your might have time to downsize your 1/48 Albatross decals and create a 1/72 and 1/144 sheets like you did with your EC-121 Constellation decals?  Monograms HU-16 kit is still easy to find and the AModel kit is out there for us braille scale types.

• 1 year later...

Kursad, I have several AModel 1/144 SA/HU-16 Albatrosses and could use some decent decals. Kit decals are not good.  Your 1/48 decals are a great candidate for scaling down to 1/72 & 1/144. I am also interested in the RCAF CSR-110 Albatross and early & late USCG decals.  K/r, Dutch

001.JPG.a58d60f332b91ca388b1b6d65f1148af.JPG 

Edited by Dutch

What problems did/do you have with the kit decals? They went down quite nicely. Hm, I now recall that I painted the USCG Chevron. I used Model Master automotive colors per discussions I found on the interweb. 

To Kursad's point, though, there's only the Amodel kit AFAIK.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, KursadA said:

I will make a 72 scale Albatross sheet sometime but not I am not sure about the viability of a 1/144 one. 

That's unfortunate about the 1/144 decals for this plane.   The Amodel kit is pretty nice but the decals are horrible.

• 1 year later...

It looks like Sova has a new 1/72 Albatross in both long and short wing versions, so I will soon announce a new 1/72 Albatross sheet with options selected from my 1/48 scale USAF/USCG/USN Albatross sets. I will do these in 1/144 as well.

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

It looks like Sova has a new 1/72 Albatross in both long and short wing versions, so I will soon announce a new 1/72 Albatross sheet with options selected from my 1/48 scale USAF/USCG/USN Albatross sets. I will do these in 1/144 as well.

Most excellent news Kursad.   Looking forward to this release.