For the D day GB I am going to do HMCS Kitchener, the only Canadian Corvette directly involved in the D-day landings. It was a picket ship around the head US generals ship at Omaha beach. Normally I would do Juno beach as that of course where the regiment I was attached to landed on D-day. However. The Corvette has been in the stash for three years now. Needs to get built one day. Originally I was going to do it as HMCS Sackville. The only remaining Canadian Corvette as it sits in Halifax harbour. But it had SO many mods over the years I doubt I could make it correctly.

Kitchener K225 was the star of a US war movie back in 1943 which starred Randolph Scott. so that makes it even a little more interesting

G3dttHA.jpg

The sucker is going to be HUGE. I intend to install some lights in it as well.

Well.....So far, 3 bottles of white/grey primer. I bottle of hull red and one poor fitting hull. I mean this sucker took some work. Hopefully the decks fit better once glue is involved then the test fit I just did.

AUb9I05.jpg

The detailed, smaller stuff looks encouraging.

The hull took over an hour of holding the deck to the warped hull with super glue and fingers. All to straighten everything out. Its now straight(er).

So while I had to hold everything I watched the movie K-225. Typical war movie but.....well.....not awful. The Attacking Jerry aircraft ....wellllll....No CGI thats for sure! Wooden models with spiny props.

nFFYMeo.jpg

The stern and engine area are not glued in place yet.

1 minute ago, dnl42 said:

:thumbsup:

You seem to be having fun with lighting lately...

Yep, all ready have the set for my future KLINGON ship. This guy is getting lights from the Surplus store. I think next day I have time to build, I will start to solder some of them together.

6 hours ago, Ichitoe said:

Expeditious build progress, as always! She's coming along nicely. 

Yeah, I don't fool around. But I am trying new things on this build. I figure at least a month. Maybe two.

Me too. One problem is the movie K225 shows the ship in several paint schemes. Could of course be different ships. But the biggest fault would be one shot with black hull numbers, then the next in a subtle cam scheme with light grey numbers.

Thanks!!  Yep, still swear by the stuff, even if I am the last customer who does not buy it with a clear plastic bag and hangs out in the alley.

Huh.... yeah, back to the build. Lots of misshapen boxes that need lots of sanding later.

1aeTOse.jpg