Coming along very nicely!

Does the model include bits to outfit the bridge? Is AM available for that?

FWIW, the Nov/Dec 2018 IPMS USA Journal has a 10-page article on lighting an AMT ST model.

Thanks, no nothing for the bridge. But once the outer walls are up I don't think much will be visible anyway. I might just toss a few, what the heck simple mods in there just for fun. Or, more likely that is where all the wiring is going to come together. we'll see. As for after market. No idea. I am trying to get away from expensive resin the last couple years.

Battery connection broke and can not solder back together.....But the replacement part costs 25 cents so I will fix it later.

oAYHlHt.jpg

If anything I have to shield down the navigation lights a bit.

That looks great!

LED intensity can be adjusted within a narrow range by changing the series resistance to lower the drive current. But, the range may be insufficient for your needs. A more common approach is PWM (pulse-width modulation). But that may be way too much effort. The easiest method may well be a filter in front of the LEDs. They're available commercially for this very purpose, or you could just use a thin coat of paint...

That sounds like math, no one said there would be math........I just figured out how to solder these things with out having too many blow up.

But alas.... Bit more plastic.

5qu2ydG.jpg

On 1/17/2019 at 10:47 AM, dnl42 said:

Coming along very nicely!

Does the model include bits to outfit the bridge? Is AM available for that?

FWIW, the Nov/Dec 2018 IPMS USA Journal has a 10-page article on lighting an AMT ST model.

I found some after market things I "should" have bought, as the Kitchener was different from the kit. Sadly with shipping from England and the shear amount of after-market I might need, the price is far too high. Like hundreds of dollars. Looks like I am staying with the kit stuff.

The biggest error I found in photos, is the rear pom-pom gun is further aft. Which caused many many differences. Can't afford that for a hobby. There is a lovely Corvette in the ARC gallery that used some of the after-market. I will have to settle for the fact that his build is much better then mine.

Mines coming along nice, but HIS is amazing.

Life rafts in place. One of the depth charge rollers seems to be missing and major part. So I started making one out of plastic strips. The mods are the white areas still on the work bench.

oNiiGwg.jpg

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The photos of the real Canadian Corvettes with the pom-pom gun further aft did me in......Dremall came out............stand by.

That's sounding like major surgery! And with power tools...

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to look for new documentation so late in the process...

I then ripped out the rear life boats and repositioned them after some trimming.

zTpyFIT.jpg

The base of the pom pom was rebuilt and should work.....Hopefully....... But I have to fix the roof up first. Also on the real ship it kind of looks like the hedge-hog area is enclosed. But I "think" that area is retractable. So I am not going to bother. If it won't cost money I will give it a shot. The rear raft holder just needed plastic removed to fit in the right location