Might dip my toe into the airline world, which kits are best

Thinking of the larger Airbus or Boeing products, maybe even the smaller 737-Airbus-Embrear aircraft. I’m a military aircraft person, so I know what kits are good/bad in that area...a dummy when it comes to airline kits. 

Zvezda? Revell? RoG?  

Thanks for any guidance and suggestions 

Cheers

Collin

I would second the newer Zvezda kits.  If you want a quicker build, the Minicraft MD-80 family of kits are also nicely done (though no cockpit or positionable flaps like the newer Zvezda kits). If you want the best 737-300/400/500 go with the Skyline Models (DACO) kits; just steer clear of the older black box DACO version.  Zvezda's 737-800 is very nice as well and I hear is better detailed than the RoG kit.  The new BPK kits look nice too (CRJ-100/200/700/900) and include canopy and window masks! 

Hello,

A few other things to be considered before choosing a brand or scale. 

It depends on the available space you have to stock the boxes before building the models, the space on your shelves or display cases to display them once they are built. (Think about the new An-225).

And the size of your wallet if you intend to purchase top-of- the -range items. 

Then the details you want to give to your finished model, the time you can spend to your hobby (building the An-225 won't be as fast as a 1/400th B-747, not mentioning the amount of glue or paint !)  

You have also the choice of building one scale only models to keep an even collection, or different scales and displaying models of roughly the same size. 

Cheers.

AV O

• 4 weeks later...

Zvezda, Daco and some Minicraft kits are really good injection airliner kits. Welsh has some really great classic vacunarme kits. 

If accuracy and hi level of detail is what you are looking for then Authentic Airliners are simply the best airliner kits ever. But they are resin, and a lot of folks are scared of the resin.

Walter

• 1 month later...

So......

Do you let anybody / everybody pick up your built models to look at the bottom?

Of those that do, how many would know or care about this minute detail?

Sometimes these "fatal flaws" are mosquito bites...IMHO.

C2j

I used to let stuff like that bother me.

i finally got tired of spending hours and hours correcting minor stupid flaws on my models. Then I realize I am running out of time to build the models I have so I slap them together now faster than ever.

After all, they make me happy and I almost never show them to other people.

Heck, I have lots of models on display at the “1940 Houston Air Terminal Museum”

that I myself thought they were not all that good, but once behind the glass display, they look awesome.

Enjoy the hobby!!!

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 5:42 AM, Cubs2jets said:

Of those that do, how many would know or care about this minute detail?

Sometimes these "fatal flaws" are mosquito bites...IMHO

Who called it a “fatal flaw”?  I’ve looked all over that thread and nowhere in it does anyone call it a fatal flaw.  It’s just an observation, and some (honestly, really good) information on details that a lot of people (me included) didn’t know about the airplane in question.  

If you don’t care about details on your models, that’s great for you.  Some people do.